Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new ride

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Feb 22, 2003.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Oh, I'm SOOO sorry. Is there anything we can do to help? Life is like that, sometimes things just go horribly wrong, maybe tomorrow will be better for you... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but someone has deleted your pictures of a Chevy and replaced them with Jeep pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    -- Mike

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Now, now, be nice. Once the tbi350/sm465/205 and 1 tons are in it then it will be a different story. I think it will be pretty cool once it's done. BTW this should make ya'll feel better, within 3 hours after owning it I had the K5 hooked to it dragging it out of the snow. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

the graphics need to GO!!!!

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

COUGH COUGH sellout COUGH COUGH. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I guess you can be somewhat forgiven for putting 1 tons in it along with the other Chevy stuff, but its going to take awhile.

Harley

P.S. Since you got a heep and its light you don't need that HEAVY D60 front axle to weigh you down. I'll trade you my 3/4 ton 10 bolt front straight up just cause I am a nice guy and want to help you out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Once the tbi350/sm465/205 and 1 tons are in it then it will be a different story.

[/ QUOTE ] Why not just get a Chevy to begin with ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k.

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

If you're going for more MPGs,at least it's FWD. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

YJ in the hhhousssse! WATCH OUT!
    Hay I want pictures of the build up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ahhh how cute.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Why not just get a Chevy to begin with ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul, Wayne had a K5...where do you think all that killer drivetrain came from?

Rene

12. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we have 2 K5's getting rid of one and building a killer Jeep only makes sence. For what I paid for the pretty much rust free YJ I'm pretty happy with it.

13. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

im sorry to hear that you've losts your senses....I believe I know what REALLY happened here.....Donna's K5 was gonna be bigger and better than yours- and you couldnt' let that happen- so you had to go get yourself a heep. Well, at least you wont have to worry about Donna driving it- as I'm sure she's much happier with her BIG truck....I doubt she'd want to drive a matchbox.

by the way- please let me know far enough in advance what campground your staying at for paragon- as I want to make sure I'm at a different one...if I bring down my K5, it can't be seen with a heep.. no offense of course! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Brandy

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im sorry to hear that you've losts your senses....I believe I know what REALLY happened here.....Donna's K5 was gonna be bigger and better than yours- and you couldnt' let that happen- so you had to go get yourself a heep. Well, at least you wont have to worry about Donna driving it- as I'm sure she's much happier with her BIG truck....I doubt she'd want to drive a matchbox.

by the way- please let me know far enough in advance what campground your staying at for paragon- as I want to make sure I'm at a different one...if I bring down my K5, it can't be seen with a heep.. no offense of course! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Brandy

[/ QUOTE ]

That's low. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ] Didn't ya see the j/k ??? (Just Kidding)

16. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

If you feed and water that thing, it might grow up to be a K-5. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Was going to say watch out of the trans, the YJs are known for being problematic, but I guess you've got that covered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Was going to say watch out of the trans, the YJs are known for being problematic, but I guess you've got that covered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The old YJ's had a puegoe (SP) trans which was junk and then went to the ax5 (what's in mine) which is also known for problems. Mine has 2nd and 3rd syncro issues but not that bad yet. The AX15 which was in the 4.0 Jeeps will live with a V8 in front of them which if I find a set up cheap enough I might slap in instead of fixing my AX5 in the future. Right now it's going to get a little lift and some 31's untill I have all the parts to do the swap. Plus I have Donna's K5 project to get done first.

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

we need a new rule here in ck5... if ur gonna link to a non-chevy truck you have to put a warning/disclaimer so we dont have people gettting eye damage! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

20. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

nice !