Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New Shocks From Poly Performance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyhole812, Oct 14, 2005.

1. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

i got the 15" travel shocks from poly performance. they have a bumpstop on the end. the problem is, i don't know how much it will squish down under the weight of my truck. when not compressed there is only 12 or 13 " of rod showing. does anyone have these shocks? i'm just trying to figure my mounting height. thanks

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

drive up a ramp or something. depending on your springs you will need more of one thing. either up travel or down travel. with my 63" springs i need alot more down travel. it only goes up half as much as it goes down...you need to flex it to see where to mount them.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

BBCS shocks? Jekbrown has them.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You need to measure like Psychotic said. Not all springs and suspension work the same.. On the uptravel though, I would mount them so that when the spring is perfectly flat, you are bottomed out on the shocks bumpstop. That will keep your springs from goign negative arch and last longer. :thumb:

5. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I also agree with the other two. I only have about 3" of up travel on my rear shocks and 9" of down travel. The fronts are the other way. I am running the 4" lift springs and i needed more up travel then down so measure it out and go with it.

Let us know how you like the shocks!!

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, I lucked out. Running 6" Superlift Superrides in the front with the GAB G63438's. Used the stock mounts and my shock bottoms out on up travel just as the springs goes a hair negative!

I would like to hear about them also. Have heard nothing but good things about them!

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

all depends on your specific suspension... you can't get measurements from anyone else, you'll have to ramp/measure your rig yourself. With 52s up front I have minimal up travel, which is fine, leaves lots of shock travel for mad droop. :grin:

j

8. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

I was mainly wondering how much the stop will squish down the bumper is like 2 1/2" will it squish down to 1"?