Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new subframe supports.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thefarside, Jul 8, 2003.

1. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I just welded it together and to the rest of the subframe sections.
    I think this should be strong enough and will not rot out any time soon!
    [image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6523&password=&sort=2&thecat=500[/image]

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Looks like you're where I need to be with the rust repairs. Also looks like your seatbelt was held in by the carpet, too.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    Any other pics of what you're doing? I've been planning the same type of repair; would be nice to see a few in-work shots to better visualize what I want to do.

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Agreed,

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like you're where I need to be with the rust repairs. Also looks like your seatbelt was held in by the carpet, too.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mine too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    both sides

HUM thats and interesting idea, I need to start ording some tube!
    myjunk truck, scroll to the bottom

6. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Any other pics of what you're doing? I've been planning the same type of repair; would be nice to see a few in-work shots to better visualize what I want to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have a ton of pictures, some of which are in the members rides area, look under my name. I also have others that are not on the members rides section. If you want them let me know, I can e-mail you them.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I did something simular for my tail pan that was rusted out. Used C channel. I have thought about adding a cross bar at the same location your putting that one in. Tied into the roll cage.