Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New superslab cruiser

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by roadhawg, Dec 31, 2003.

1. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

So im driving down the road passing threw some little bitty oklahoma town on the way home after a hard days work and i see this sitting on the side of the road with 2000.00 on the windshield, i offered the guy 1500 and we decided on 1750 for it. The thing is in really good shape and runs really good, has 130,000 miles on it and is fully loaded. as im not much of a ford man i dont know what they are worth so i hope i can get my money back out of it and some spare change if i decide to sell it. it's a 1990 lincoln town car signature series and spent its previous life working for a funeral home. Think i got a decent deal on it?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd say hell yeah you got a good deal. I'm not a furd guy either, but I would have jumped on that deal with a quickness. I'd take a bunch of pic's, and put it in a big city paper with a $5,000.00 price tag, and let them talk me down alittle. That looks clean, and a sure money maker at the price you paid.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Seems like a sweet deal! Do a compression check on the engine to see if it has much life left in it. Funeral home cars typically have a LOT more use on the engine than the odometer would lead you to believe. They're often left idling with the a/c or heat running for a few hours a day. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But it is a great looking pimp daddy cruiser! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif