Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my new system

Discussion in 'Audio' started by K5Chris, Sep 20, 2005.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

2 cubic foot with a slot port tuned to 32hz. im gonna carpet it as soon as i locate my misplaced roll of carpet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8- 3.2 ohm coils + series/parallel = 1.6 ohms

[​IMG]

Resonant Engineering RE8's. 8" diameter, dual 4 ohm coils (3.2 ohms actual), 3.75" mounting depth, 175w rms power handling (more like 200), and 12mm one way linear excursion

[​IMG]

JBL BP600.1 600w rms @ 2 ohms, stable to 1 ohm. (i'm at 1.6 ohms, so it should be putting out over 700w)

[​IMG]

i had originally bought the 8's because i wanted them to go in my k5 in the side panels behind the front seats, and since these 8's have a 3.75" mounting depth, they would be perfect for keeping the depth of the boxes down. plus, i got them hella-cheap.

it sounds really good. very clean, very responsive, and very deep. it's a little too loud for my likeing, so i'm thinking of cutting the back half of the box off, and making it sealed. i'd like a little better low-volume response. i will probably make boxes for the blazer sometime, but for now, they are in my daily driver.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

what? don't like it LOUD??? :D :D :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D