Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my new tag along trailer!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Just picked up my 'new' trailer. Utility/ camper with a small config change. Neat huh? They are ex-military 3/4 Ton, rubberized top, wooden/ metal superstructure, hydraulic inertia brakes on the tongue, individual park brakes, tilt bed, pintle hitch... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif They run 14BFF hardware, brakes, drums, wheels etc.

Nice huh?
    Mike
    [​IMG]

2. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Cool
    where did you get it?
    how much $$ ?

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That thing looks nearly indestructible! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif The dog seems somewhat aprehensive about it though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is there a way to lock out the brakes? Backing up a hill with those can activate the brakes, making it pretty hard to go up! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That thing is sweet. I had looked at them before and even found some local for $300.
    Did somebody conver it to use 14 bolt stuff or is that the way they came? I seem to recall the one I had looked at had the big lug pattern that was like a Duce. It my have been the 1.5 ton version I was looking at though.
    I was looking at swapping the axle with one that had the same lug pattern that I run on the truck.

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

They are Canadian military versions. I am not sure if you guys ran them as well or not. Probably cause they went as a set with the CUCV 5/4 trucks. A few of the guys in our club went in on an auction and picked up some. They are giving a great deal for the guys in the club as first dibs! I got it for 400, they paid a lot less than that for em.
    The wheels and running gear is the way they came. The ones you said about Grim were the larger ones, with the 2.5 ton 6x6 wheels I guess.
    And the brake does pin to disable it, cause that would be a royal pain tryin to back it up while the brake is trying to stop you.. hehe'

Mike

6. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

where can we buy em in the states?
    any links

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Grim there is also a 1.5 ton that is easier to find than the 3/4 ton and more managable than the 2.5 ton. They are big enough to put a truck on, I measured one when I bought the Dodge, but very high and single wheel. The were built to haul large generators. You could do a spring under w/ a smaller axle, but it would still be single wheel.