Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new "Tamper Resistant Plug Cover"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by guido666, Dec 3, 2005.

1. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

So today I bought a new set of hair clippers (I'm in the military). I get it home and open them up to check them out. Inside I find a piece labeled "Tamper Resistant Plug Cover", a small plastic object that snaps over the end of the cord.

I was completely stumped as to why the hell they would include such a stupid waste of money. So I read the manual.

It reads "Tamper Resistant Plug Cover: Helps prevent accidental haircuts by keeping the plug in a hard plastic case."

WTF?

I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 min. :rotfl: :haha: :haha:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

five bucks says hey got sued because some hillbilly ass clown got druck and cut off his mullit, then sued the company because there wsa not any preventitive measers in place to stop him, and he lost all that effort!!

friggen states i tell you:rolleyes:

3. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

I don't doubt it.

I find it hillarious that they have to put a cover on the plug so you don't "accidentally" plug the damn things in, turn them on, put them to your head, and cut your hair. They use the term "accidental haircut" like you would use "accidentally dropped my cellphone". Positively retarded.

I think I'm going to keep it and use it on something else I don't want to "accidentally" use. :thinking:

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

think kids man.....
    then think drunk Marines.....

accidental haircuts happen....
    grant

5. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

LMAO......
    George

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

you can blame it on Jackass, when they go around randomly shaving chunks out of ppl. but then again, i think that was cordless. :D

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

A related question??...

I can see a 5 year old,and a bald dog or cat ,or playmate in my mind..maybe thats why they put that plug in the package :confused: :rolleyes: ...

I have a power plug related trivia question..anyone know why the plugs always have holes in the prongs where they plug into the wall socket??...I always thought it was so you could put a small padlock on it,so kids couldn't plug them in and use tools or other potentially dangerous stuff when mom and dad aren't watching...I wonder if thats the real reason... :confused: :thinking: :dunno:

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i think it is eather because the plug is made of a piece of copper folded over nad the punched hole keeps them tight togeather.

or the copper plate that pushes against the prong inside the plug resta aganst that hole so that it gets good contact, other wizr you will be jiggaling the plug all the time.