Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my new(to me) truck has a lame sf14b

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jan 26, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

not a real update but some more info on my recent purchase of a 1983 3/4t 6.2 diesel and 4 speed.
    so i get some things done to it changed the oil flushed the rad. checked it out overall i start driveing it around a little bit and BOOM dry rot tire goes. so i pop off the stock hub caps and there stareing me in the face is a lame SF14b rude! other than that it runs great i hooked up the horse trailer and loaded 7 horses in and found out it pulls great. a little slow but runs and drive great. 4wd works well. everything works on the truck should passinspection even with the small crack in the window. now i need to know some power mods to do until i can afford a turbo. any ideas? still havent found my camera but as soon as i do ill get some pics up.

balzer

2. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

What's so lame about a 14 bolt 6-lug? It's about the same strength as a Dana 60, 9.5 ring gear, bigger brakes, axle tubes.

3. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member

Pay no attention to GMC. He has no idea what he's talking about. You better get a 14BFF under that thing as soon as possible. When you do, ship me that piece of crap SFer and I'll dispose of it for you free of charge. Hell if your short on cash I'll even pay for the shipping.

4. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

You bought a 6.2 and expected anything other than a LOT slow?

5. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Yep, 14sf is a good diff. I've been beating on mine welded with 37'' boggers for 2 years now and havnt broke it yet!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  6. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member

shhhhhh!!!:waytogo: