Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new tow rig with pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well, I finally got me a tow rig, now I just need a trailer . I started out after an F-250 SD, but the dealership only wanted to give me $3000 for the wifes Nissan pickup that I still owed $8300 on. We talked a little longer and they said my payments would be $720 a month on an 2002 crew cab F-250 4x4 with a V-10, I said they were smoking crack and I needed something cheaper and they pretty told me I was S.O.L... So we went to another dealership and looked at a couple of more trucks but nothing they could get me in for what I wanted to pay, I was about to say screw it and he asked if it had to be a Ford and I told him no as long as it was a 3/4 or 1 ton. So, I finally ended up with a truck I wanted, now it was time to talk $$$$, before it was all said and done, they paid off all $8300 on the wifes Nissan and came down from $18,900 to $15,600 on the truck. I ended up with a 1998 chevy crew cab C3500 dually with a Vortec 454 and an 4L80E tranny. It is a Silverado package truck all the power accs, already has electronic brake controller, hydro-boost, two different trailer plugs in the bed, slotted drop center tailgate and a goose neck plate/ball. The dealer also fixed a broke clearance light and put 4 new rear tires on it too /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif. I think I got a pretty good deal, now I have a DD with A/C, the gas mileage is pretty rough, about 12MPG, but that is what I expected from a 454. Now to get me a trailer and I can make some serious wheeling trips without having to worry about driving my K5 to work the next morning /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks nice, good luck on finding a trailer to tow with that machine /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

How many miles?

Seeing as it already was set up for towing that would make me think the previous owner might have hammered on it pretty hard.

Looks GREAT though!

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Just rolled 78K, the previous owner used it to deliver Exxiss aluminum horse trailers from manufacture site to dealers. It has not been hammered on, trust me, I have picked this truck apart, the only thing that has been done is the passenger front fender has been replaced from a blow out.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

78k sounds great. I was thinking it was more like twice that. Sounds like you got a great deal on a well equipped tow rig.

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice truck! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Need to find us a 35'-40' trailer that will hold TWO K5's, old buddy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Momma ain't gonna let me have a tow rig, say's I have enough friend's with one ton's, and she needs a new car /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif Oh well /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

John

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I like it , its a Chevy , you'll be all GM with your rig on the back /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif