Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New Toy

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4bynut, Apr 2, 2006.

1. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

I bought this friday. It's a 1967 SWB 4x4 with a I6, 4sp, rockwell case, and 3/4 to axles. I'm the third owner and it has 50,000 original miles. It was brought up from Arkansas a couple years ago. Not much rust. It needs a drivers side rocker and cab corner. I'm going to add a 6" lift, 35's, power steering and front disc brakes in the next couple weeks. Jason

DSC00524.JPG

DSC00525.JPG

DSC00526.JPG

DSC00522.JPG

DSC00523.JPG

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is a nice one.Congrats

3. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you buy it to use for work or play?

Eitherway, it looks pretty sweet!

Running 35's and leaving the six in it?

4. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

35's

You bring up a good point that I forgot about. I was just getting ready to buy a set of 35's used but I forgot about the gear ratio. I don't know what ratio I have in it but I can check. Can I get away with a stock ratio with 35's??

Any input would be helpful!! Later J.

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My guess would be that you have 4:11's, seems like they'd be fine w/35's.

Might be a little doggy on acceleration but hey, it's a six right? :laugh:

6. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Sorry to confuse you but I have a 350cu. in. I don't know what size rears are in it. Am I allowed to ask questions on somebody elses thread? If this is not allowed I will go elsewhere to find out. Later J.

7. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I bought it to restore and cruise. I'm not going to offroad this one. But I'm working on building a 68 SWB 4x4 on a 78 SWB frame for mud bogging. This one isn't going to be a stock restore, but it is to clean to offroad. It's mostly original and very solid. Since I don't have alot of extra time right now. I'm going to put the 6" lift and 35's on for the summer with the I6 and 4sp. Also going to add PS and PB with disc up front (still has front drums). Over the winter I'll pull the six and install my 468, TH400, and NP205. Thanks Jason

8. 4bynut

4bynut 1/2 ton status

If you have a K5 with stock axles, you would have 3.73 or higher (check to be sure). If so 35's are going to make your 350 seem doggy. Especially if you have a auto trans. Either way you can run it. Jason

9. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Swb

Good luck with your new project, that is a nice starting point. Amazing to see some of them last in that condition.

I really like that bed! It can't be 'Homemade'. That was the truck I was looking for, couldn't find one. Ended up with a Jimmy, not bad but alot of rust.

Thanks for the info. on the rears. I have another deal on 33's maybe I should go there first, then buy gears