Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My New Toy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Aug 20, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

DSC-PS52 Sony Digital Cam. I bought an HP for $150 two days ago but could not get the software to work on my puter. After talking to tech support I found out that thier software does not work on Compaq puters. The irony is that HP has merged with Compaq.. LOL! Can't get my monry back on the HP till a week to ten days cuz they have to wait for my check to clear.

So I went to Best Buy and got this PS52 for $279 and bought a bunch of goodies to go with it. The thing works very well. I bought the 128meg Memory Stick too. I can shoot up to about an hour and 40 minutes of video but the batteries don't last long enough for that. Need to buy more batteries and an AC adapter now. It also records sound with either the video or still shots. Cool eh?

They really get ya on the acceccories don't they? Also had to get a USB hub so that I have more than one USB port connection on the puter.

Am also spending about $500 on the regear for my K5. Didn't want the truck to feel left out... LOL!

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Great! I've heard good things about the Sonys. Also, you'll love having that 128m stick...just keep shooting pics and don't have to worry about space. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Great! I've heard good things about the Sonys. Also, you'll love having that 128m stick...just keep shooting pics and don't have to worry about space. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Find a sytstem for file organization, with all the pictures getting radom names and the way they will add up on that 128mb it will give you a head ache /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I mainly got the memory stick for video purposes. I delete the pics I have uploaded to the puter. Haven't really had a chance to shoot more than about 5 at a time so far. Been playing with the video though and that is really cool. It uses up the batteries pretty quick though. I need to get about 3 more sets of rechargables to keep on hand and an AC adapter...

What I really need to watch out for is filling up my HD... Going to get a writeable CD drive I think. Wonder if a pentium II will handle that? I only have about 3.5 gigs left on my 6 gig HD. I believe I have 128mb SD Ram... Would have to ask my tech... 128mb of some kind of ram though.