My new truck, and new problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jrgunn5150, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 1/2 ton status

Nov 26, 2005
    Hi eveyone, this is my first post, I have joined, but for whatever reason I can't post in the correct section for this. I also have searched for over an hour, to no avail. Anyway, I recently purchased an 87 Silverado 4x4, with an older carb 350/700r4/np208 combo in it. Shortly thereafter, due to the mis-adjusted t.v. cable(on a homemade bracket), the tranny checked out on me. Since i never ran right anyway, I went and pulled the Edlebrock EPS intake off my 79, bought a mega monster 700r4 from monster motorsport, and a truck Avenger carb from Holley. All that went together fine, but the studs Holley recomended, both Kickdown and throttle are incorrect, plus I have a tci universal t.v. cable(chevy discountinued it last month) and I have no idea how to install that either. The instructions are on how to adjust it, but how the heck am I supposed to install it? Plus I already disassembled it and ditched the slide thingy and tried to force the black thing on the cable onto the holley kickdown stud. So what should I do? I have to have this running tomarrow, period, no ifs ands or buts. And I know I can not drive it like this(I actually cant drive it at all with no throttle). Thanks in advance for the help.