Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ankarback, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Brought it home last night. It´s a -77 Suburban Scottsdale K20. Lifted about 8 inches with 40" Gumbo monstermudder tires.

I´m going to replace the tires with something that´s better to drive, theese tires are awful on the highway. Maybe 35 or 36 inch superswampers or Goodyear MTR´s.

The truck is in very good shape except for a leak in the right exhaust manifold and a big dent in the hood. Almost no rust at all.

Just had to share, I think it´s a very nice find :D

/Johan

2. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yes indeed, i can see a x over steering, what did you pay for it? i think you should go with some 38's. i think 35's would look to small imho. but if $ is a issue do what you gotta do.

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Beautiful :bow:
    Now if only you lived in American... I'd be the first in line for some tires :p:
    That's an awsome find...

4. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

Thanks a lot guys :D

It´s got a Dana44 frontaxel so I don´t think it´s going to like 38´s. It´s not crossoversteering, just looks like that in the picture.

I paid around $6000 for it. Theese trucks are very rare over here so they are quite expensive. This one is actually sold new here in Sweden in november of -77. It´s really amazing that it´s not completely rusted away. Probably it´s lived it´s life in northern Sweden where they don´t use any salt on the roads.