Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My "new" truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigjbear, Jul 29, 2001.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Feb 18, 2000
    My \"new\" truck

I started the real work on my '73 Blazer today. Keith came over with his welder and to help out. Here is what we did today: pulled the interior and L/H inner & outer fender, removed the "battery tray" that consisted of: small bits of the original tray; a piece of carpet; a rubber strap; wood; & some type of nylon strap, welded up some small holes, cut out bad metal, and battled spiders. I also had to keep Keith from talking me into turning it into a hybrid. Once I started cutting I got a pleasant surprise, the floor was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The real bad rust stopped just inboard of the of the weather-stripping.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Tread Lightly!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.gmck5.rockcrawler.com>www.gmck5.rockcrawler.com</a>
  2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Feb 11, 2001
    Re: My \"new\" truck

Good luck, I just spent about 2 weeks doing body work on my 82. Its worth the effort when youre done.