Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My news, and my new job.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Sep 6, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So my friend got a me a job working under him at a place called Imperial Fabricating http://www.imperialgroup.com/impfab.htm Place makes parts for big rigs, buses, and other heavy vehicles- frames and fuel cells mostly.

Anywho, I left my WONDERFUL job at Safeway, and went to run a press brake for my friend. Well, I get there, and plans have changed. Apparently they decided I'm better suited to run CNC lasers... :woot:

$10.25 starting, benes and a raise after 90 days if all goes well, lots of overtime if I can do it, and swing shift. Now if I can just stay conscious for school... :doah:

And aboot school... I tried to register a week ago, but couldn't because an overdue library book didn't get cleared. Had to wait till today before the library would open again :rolleyes:. Went in, their internet is down, so no card catalog. I went looking for the book, remembering only that it had something to do with medical ethics. Tracked it down, and took it back to them, only to find out they can't do **** with it because, guess what, the internet is down. :haha: I love getting the runaround every time I try to do something at school, even if it's not intentional. So I go to try to register again tomorrow, AGAIN. From here on out, it's only one more power plant class, then bull**** classes to get my AAS. Hope I can do it.

Oh, and I can't get my student loan money to pay for school and a car until I fax in my proof of registration. Awesome.

And aboot women, don't get me ****ing started. :doah: I think karma slapped my ass for something, but I'm not sure what.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats on the job. Karma was slapping for Can Can, but you were in the vicinity.

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

sounds awesome new jobs are always good ;D

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Hmm... Apparently my roommate has been snooping... These were marked read, but posted while I was at work. :thinking: