Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My next purchase..need feedback on a 95 baby blazer.

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by 55Willy, Mar 22, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm done with the Cherokee/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    I see a 95 Chevy Blazer at the local car lot and it is a 4 door 4x4 with the v-6 auto, a/c, power everything and leather/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif It's priced at mid $7K. now the questions:
    What problems do these things have?
    any heating problems?
    cooling problems?
    electrical nighmares?
    tranny problems?
    is the push and prey 4x4 that bad?
    what about towing weight?(i see a quad in my future,LOL)
    I'm looking for a daily driver, that is a 4x4 for my ski habit.
    I want something that new enough that I can keep it for a long time, and I don't want to invest in a "problem child"

is this a good choice?

Thanks/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Not to steer you in another direction but have you checked out a ZR2. It is only available in two doors but it is better than a standard S-10 IMHO. If you need 4 doors go with the 95, I have not heard of any real problems with that year. I have a 94 and had the Posilok put in mine to eliminate the vaccum CAD. You could check the other s-10 sites for more info.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

about all I see on the ZR2's is the sticker price, i then have to be revived,LOL I was thinking of this one cus I have trade in value,LOL.

4. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I have had pretty good luck with my 94, I used to tow a sled(snowmobile) on a 4x8 trailer so a quad would be no problem. I also use my ride to get to ski areas, lift and backcountry, and for white water kayaking. If you know yours and the vehicles limits you can go most anywhere you want to be.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

sweet/forums/images/icons/cool.gif Thats what i want to hear. I really want a fullsize truck so I can tow the Willy's but who knows....
    this one looks sweet though

6. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

I know a guys who has a 95. He calls it the bastard year. Apparently the 95 was an inbetween year. New body style but old engine. It came with the CPI engine, same as in my 94. I think the SMFI, I think those are the letters, was introduced in 96.

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

yeah 96 was the good year for the new set up and newer vortec engine. but the 95 is $2500 cheaper

Almost like my 40, it's a bastard, nothing from 39 or older will fit and nothing 41 or newer will fit,LOL

8. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I had a 95'S10 blazer before I bought my 76' I got rid of it when it had 65k on it the girl that bought it replaced the following after 70k so I was told..... ALL the brakes calipers,rotors,drums ect..., transmission,tcase,ALL steering components, third member, drivers side front axle, oil filter lines, coil packs, tires, shocks
    and the exhaust.... When I traded it all it needed was tires and shocks and it had small "klunk" in the drive train.
    when I had it I replaced the oil filter lines, plugs and wires ,damn near every light in it,had the tranny flushed, put front brakes, had the rotots turned, aligned twice, and battery and alt.. I'm not for sure but I was told it got totaled a year ago with I think 90k it was a two door 4x4 with tpi vortec. On a side note I have a buddy that had a 95 2wd ex-cab at the same time and it was falling apart at the same rate same engine,
    and same options except 4x4
    Maybe we just got lemons... I don't have a clue but I know getting rid of it was the best thing I ever did /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. schwinnd

schwinnd 1/2 ton status

Personnally I would pass on any s10 I found. I think they are real hit or miss on their quality. Read the post up top about the 4wd not engaging and decide for yourself. I would never buy one again.

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

i'm not buying one. I'm looking for a fullsize. I need towing abilities.

11. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

For towing you will want to check out a 3/4 ton burb.

12. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

I've got a '95 S-10 Blazer 4x4 LT that I bought used in 2000. Ours has had a few problems, one of which is the 4x4 doesn't like to engage. It will be the last electronic shift 4x4 I'll ever buy.

Other than the 4x4 problem, the truck has been incredibly good to us. Incredible fuel economy, even in daily driving. Not a very quick truck off the line, though.

I can't complain, it's been a very reliable truck. Starts better off of a nearly dead battery than anything I've ever owned before, besides my '84 Camaro 2.8L. A/C is good, heat is good, rides nice, handles well. I like how the interior is laid out, plenty of room for passengers.

I don't take it off-road much, that's what my K5 is for. It's mainly the wife's vehicle, and she absolutely loves it.

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm looking more for a truck now. Time for a bed,LOL.

14. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I am going to check out a M1008, which is the military chevy 1ton pickup, it is a diesel but it has a lot of goodies stock. It should be an awesome tow rig and Banks makes a turbo kit for the 6.2 motor. Many have low miles and have been fleet maintained. From what I hear they make great whellin rigs too.

15. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My wheeling rig is taken care of, I just want a truck to do everything else and to be able to tow. I'd liek a burb..but it's time for a bed. Only reason I'm not looking at a military truck is...they are diesels /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Not my cup of tea.

16. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

You should really concider a diesel if you want a tow rig. I was not into them at first mainly due to not knowing much about them but the more I learn the more I like them.