Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My nose is killing me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I went to a nose doctor today for my frequent, horrific nosebleeds... I sound like a total nerd now... Anyway, the dude friggin shoved this wad of cotton soaked in this stuff up my nose and makes me sit there for ten minutes... By the time he comes back I can't feel half my face, and he takes this thing that looks like a match stick and starts pressing it on the inside of my nose... I can't feel a darn thing, but he's telling me what he's doing... So then he shoves another wet wad of cotton up there and says leave it in for a while...

I walked out the door and the numbing stuff started wearing off... I took out the wad of cotton, because it was just dripping and adding to the pain...

Holy crap... I think I could go a round with one of those boxers and it'd feel better than this... It better friggin work so all this pain is worth it!

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

what is it, something with your sinus's causing that?

always wondered what caused nosebleeds.. never had one.. even when i boxed down in the ghetto for 3 yrs..

my sis just went thru crazy nose, eye crap.. had to have tubes installed to replace the tear ducts.. from the eyes to the nose... deviated septum too..

feel better man!

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

He didn't say what the cause is, just started doin stuff... I don't know how to spell what he did, but it sounds like this: Cot-er-ize... That's probably close to the spelling too... It's getting a little better now, it's been about an hour... Still hurts like hell, but it's coming and going now... I took some ibuprofen :bow:

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, cauterize.. its sealing it with heat.. like searing a steak!

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Be happy that he froze you up before he did the cauterizing -- Thats painful business.

I too get nosebleeds on a regular basis -- Once a month minimum. Moreso when it is cold and dry out.

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I don't know personally, but my brother does. he gets them regular too, maybe once every 2 months. one trick that has helped is to pack some wet toilet paper or paper towel between your top lip and top row of teeth directly beneath your nose. I assume it's some kind of pressure that is placed in that area that helps it stop. when he has a bad one, it normally stops quicker by doing this instead of the pinching method.

7. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

he basicly just welded up the leak in your nose.

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

quit snorting bubble bath :wink1:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Awww man, I remember once I had a bleed so bad, and didn't stop it up right, so I had a giant blood clot in my entire sinus on one side. I snotted it out and it plopped on the bathroom counter. Right on.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Agh, sick... That's happened to me, in a way... I hardly ever feel sick to my stomach after seeing something... But gooey balls of blood coming out of my body... :eek1:

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Damn, beat me to it....:haha:

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Bad nosebleeds can be caused by stress.. that's when I used to get 'em. not fun waking up in a puddle of blood.

How's the blood pressure and general anxiety level?

Tom

13. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

super duper nasty story. when i worked at meijer( like wally world) we had a custy that apparently was bleeding in an checkout and blot clot chunk deals were falling out. SHE was hauled off in an ambulance. i threw up in my mouth alittle. yes they came from the nether zone and yes i think i will puke now.

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

All that and it didn't even ****ing work...... Now I just bleed profusely from the other side of my nose... **** **** **** **** **** **** ****... I figured if I didn't get any more terrible nose bleeds it would be worth a couple days of discomfort... ****ing stupid doctors, ****ing hate them all... All of them...