Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My old blazer is on blocks and about to be towed

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by COCHEV, Jun 24, 2004.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

and i can't find out who the current owner is. my nephew spotted it parked on some side street. its in front of a rental house but the proberty mgmt people say its been there forever, but doesn't belonge to any of their tenents. the cops told me to call the dmv. the dmv says they can't devulge the info. its going to be towed in 3-4 more days. i'd like to know if its abandoned or if the current owner can be contacted to so i can see whats up. anyone have connections that can look up a vin or plate num. on a 78 blazer??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

the dmv used to be able to tell you but they cant anymore unfortunately the only way to do anything is find out who town is off and call them and find out when it will go for auction then go and bid on it I have boughten a few trucks that way

3. boggedblazer

boggedblazer Registered Member

U MIGHT BE ABLE TO TALK TO THE WRECKER, THEY CAN PUT A LIEN ON THE BLAZE. AND THEN GET IT REEL CHEAP. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the dmv used to be able to tell you but they cant anymore unfortunately the only way to do anything is find out who town is off and call them and find out when it will go for auction then go and bid on it I have boughten a few trucks that way

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm trying to avoid that whole step. everyone i talk to is telling me to tow it home and file a lost title ap. still too close to steeling for me. LOL! i'd like to at least attempt to contact the owner and see whats up.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Are there any plates on it? You can run a check on the plates to see if it's been reported stolen. If there aren't any plates, you can still run the VIN #. If it hasn't, then it's most likely been abandonded. I am wondering if the people you sold it to even bothered to change the title. If not, then legally, you still own it anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Call the DMV and see if the thing is still registered in your name. If it is and it gets towed guess who is getting a $1500 tow bill in the mail? If it is still in your name haul it home and file a lost title app. That will make the old title void and save you the headache of fighting a collection agency for the tow company like I'm doing on a car I sold...

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

same plates are on it. it is no longer in my name. DMV will not give me the current owners info. was last registered in my name in 02. i left a couple of my business cards on it today just incase and left a note to call me. we'll see i guess /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If it is no longer in your name, I would not touch it. That would be considered stealing. If nothing else put a card on it and ask the towing company to call you if they end up auctioning it off.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    THEY CAN PUT A LIEN ON THE BLAZE. AND THEN GET IT REEL CHEAP.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not so fast. I do this all the time. First off an average tow is $150 then storage is usually $50 a day average then after 10 days you can put a lein for $70 on a vehicle that takes 30 days. So they don't always go for cheap.