Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my old job !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jan 24, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i JUST^ found out at about 7:30-from a coworker who also lost his job thanks to the extended layoffs- that MII is accepting applications and will be looking for 6 extra ppl in near future and just put out the apps in the entrance way, so i raced over there and got one and raced back to here and filled it out quick and raced back out there and put the app in the app box and it was 8:00 on the dot and so i got to talk to some of my old coworkers, in which is second shift, my shift i always worked there from day one in 1999! haha we hadnt talked since almost two yeards ago heh,.
    only about a whole ten ppl were working in mill, if even that many, so they either have a bunch of work to do and need more ppl to help do it all(hope need more ppl than it appears), or i dont know, hahaha
    also i dont remember if my pink slip from when we got terminated due to 12 months continuous layoffs(per new 2002 contract agreement, in which it used to be 18 monrths grrrrrrrr /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) said if i was elegible for rehire or not becaause i just burned a ton of old personal paperwork in a barrel out here not too long ago, like a month? i dont know how i could not be elegible for rehire when i was terminated due to layoffs just like everyone else who is filling out employment app after same thing happened to them all the same right down to every letter and punctuation mark, except for employee name of course

wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!
    i want my old job back, i HAVE to get it, its my only possibility of finding work for any foreseeable time.. its pretty much the top job employer you can get here and it was not complicated work to do and we got paid not too horribly for this region, i went from 7.50 starting summer help status pay up to about 11.70 something by the time layoffs knocked us off for the final time in summer 02

we design, build, package and ship and etc store chains' display cases and counters and shelving and etc we contract for chains such as walgreens, sears, wal mart, frye's, and about 20 some others, we are the corporate location of the company right here on southwest corner of town, right out side of the limits is the plant and warehouse, the CNC point to point machine built specifically for working on wood, it is wild and i got to be machine operators' assistant on it all the time constantly cept for one or two days a week sometimes, and it was great /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and i always got to work on sencond shift, that is the best shift ever i love seconds the most ! dont have to wake up earely and after work at 11:30 theres tons of time left ot party out without overdoing everything length/time-wise,, my stepdad has worked out there sinc ehe was my age almost exact same and he managed ot get up to high enough seniority on the list to not get affected by most of the layoffs that wer ehappening.

wish nothing had gone bad with the economy and manufacturing, with it going horribly wrong downhill bad like it did,

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Good luck dude!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Will this mean no more cheap cool parts? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hope all goes well for you Randy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thanks guys, no it would mean billions more, basically a start over, but i would need to make a few changes with how i go about it, and get a couple things first before beginning

i need alot more luck on this getting my old job back deal, where can i find a bunch more at ? hehe

thanks

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Best of luck man! The job search and landing is never easy. Hopefully its not always neverending. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif