Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my old man

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Oct 7, 2004.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Thought this was a cool pic. University pass, southern sierra. Trip was~ 40 miles, and had a couple class 3 spots. Pretty good for a guy who's 53! Needless to say I still made fun of him for being old and slow pretty much non stop. He insist at 20 he could have kicked my ass. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It started snowing a few minutes after I took this.

[​IMG]

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

soon ill be able to do somthing cool like that!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    sweet picture man ill get those pics from the trip posted up soon

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Me on Kearsarge pass a few days later...
    [​IMG]

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Nice pics man!

Do you backpack often? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    soon ill be able to do somthing cool like that!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    sweet picture man ill get those pics from the trip posted up soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! I would love to see them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice pics man!

Do you backpack often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as ofton as I'd like! I am considering manning up and going over winter break, I want to see what its like back there in the winter!

6. backcountry

Better start soon, otherwise pop's is going to leave you behind on the trail! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I go on at least three backpack trips a year. It is such a good time and is great for your mind, body and sole! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

fall, winter and early spring are the only times i go...that way you can avoid all the "forrest tourists!!!"...plus the beauty of the changing seasons and the cool air...can't be beat man...

And terrific pic...makes me want to pack up and go right now!!!!

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I just have this to say.......You are so *Lucky to be hanging out with old your dad like that and getting along,going and hanging out and doind fun stuff together........i could start in on my whole story right now, but i wont.Just cherish the time and be glad you have a cool dad to hang with and share things with.I am hoping my relationship with my 2 yr old son becomes like that when he gets older /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif And i will always have him to talk to and go places with,and he will always have someone who has his back under any circumstance throughout life. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. backcountry

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

So true!

The changing of colors and lack of crowds make a great trip! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

yeah man Mr. Grumpy Plumber!!! my daughter is 14mos old and i'm gonna do my best to pass Mr. Muir's love on down to her!!!!

So i'm right there with ya!! nothin' better than havin' ur kids lovin' the backpackin/hikin/climbin aspects of the outdoors along with ya!

11. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Twenty years ago when I was 32, I spent eight days in the southen Sierra with Outward Bound. The twenty somethings beat me up the 8,000 feet, but once I acclimated by the end of the first day, they couldn't keep up. They also wanted to socialize all day in basecamp. Ive never made it back.

Maybe being older, we appreciate the opportunities more. Nothing like some life experiences to make you wise.

I'd go back in a heartbeat, but married a city girl, and school tuition, braces, medical bills, etc. I'll die miserable in these flatlands. If you haven't been there, you can't really explain it to another. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah man Mr. Grumpy Plumber!!! my daughter is 14mos old and i'm gonna do my best to pass Mr. Muir's love on down to her!!!!

So i'm right there with ya!! nothin' better than havin' ur kids lovin' the backpackin/hikin/climbin aspects of the outdoors along with ya!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thats good you feel that way,these kids need us ,just to be there.I never had a dad growing up,so its great to get a chance to be one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifLets put it this way,i could care less about the k5 anymore, i just care about my family being happy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It is such a good time and is great for your mind, body and sole

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it's great to get out in nature, but I don't see how it benefits my shoes in any way? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. backcountry

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My dad was an environmentalist; He took us backpacking at the age of 5 and to places where not many others went, it was so cool. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I remember complaining a lot then, but can totally appreciate the experiences as I look back on those times. They are even more enjoyable now! For those of you with kids; even more enjoyable! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif