Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My opinion. And read carefully mudhog...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Dec 23, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Several people sent $$ and at least one vendor stepped up in response to your initial post. I did. I sent $$ and felt good that I was helping a man save something that he was losing through no fault of his own. Of course that is not the whole story as has been shown.

You took advantage of the trust of lots of people. By not telling the whole truth up front, you violated that trust. Won't happen again. Of course, that is ashame, because a certain level of trust that existed was exploited and therefore destroyed.

As for the $$, I for one would like my $$ back. I won't hold my breath waiting for that. I will, no doubt, write this off to education being expensive.

As for the IRS debt, now that I have read everything I am ore in doubt than ever. You see, for all of their bad reputation, the IRS has programs set up that cover people like your brother.

They have tax payer advocates (employees of the IRS) that are free and help people come up with a workable solution. They have whats known as an OIC (offer in compromise) where you pay little or nothing based on your income, ability to pay from assets and culpability. Wonder how I know? I will send you my USTC Bar roll number if you like.

All I have to live with is the fact that I trusted (should have known better, right?) and thought that I was helping someone who was deserving. I can live with that because I was doing what I thought was the right thing.

The fact is that, as I see it, you did not tell the whole truth, people trusted you and you will have to live with that, not me.

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

:shame: :mad: :deal:

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And I think that about sums it up...;)

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if that is how you feel i am truely sorry give me your paypal addy so i know who it is and i will send you what you sent back. i never tried or intendid to decive anyone. the simple fact is if this is not paid by the 3rd my did will have to sell his truck to pay it plain and simple. like i said i am not out to take money from anyone give me your pay pal addy so i can know who you are and figure out what you sent and i will send it back

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Shannon enough with the sob story OK. We have all had tough times and have had to sell off stuff at one time or another to make ends meet. How ever it does not mean that other members are here to bail out those who do not manage their money correctly. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's the truth, like it or not........

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Your payment for $50.00 USD to cbbr has been sent.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2006
  7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Give back the $$$ to all the people. It's the only right thing to do! :wink1:

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So what did i miss here? I read the original post about needing money for a debt and then i see canmores post now this.

9. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

ill send you canned goods.

10. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Alot!!

Two threads were yanked today as well!!

11. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

oh man!, I read the first post and todays new forum, I did not know there were threads yanked til now. I wanted to actually send money when I read the first thread but due to my own tough time with staying afloat like the rest of America I made the decision not to. needless to say Im am sure as hell glad I did'nt. I would have beel hella pissed.

Mudhog, who ever sent money should get refunded, period.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

by reading through all the threads on CK5, and pirate, i fell it was more of a missunderstanding, and bad comunacation rather than scaming.

I would like to say no more insults of shots at muddog or the situation, if you feel wronged by it, pm him and tell him your self and ask for your money back, if you dident give any then you have nothing to complain about.

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

muddog had nothing to do with it, it was mudhog. :deal:

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I completely disagree, for several reasons. However, I'm not about to publicly discuss this seeing things have settled down.