Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my own poseiden adventure....help with leaking k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackedjimmy350, Dec 4, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

every time it rains, water drips steadily down the driver side kick panel. any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifim tired of swimming my way to work and class.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sounds to me like your windshield is leaking /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. Water could be making it's way by the door seal where the windshield post is. Or you have a rust hole at the cowl/windshild frame.

4. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Wow! I actually started having this same problem 2 days ago. Water collects right at the base of the driver's side kickpanel. On mine, the outside of the kickpanel is not wet at all. I think it's coming in from underneath it somehow.

I didn't really troubleshoot it much, but when the door was open I did notice that the tubing that the power windows/locks wiring runs through wasn't secured to the body of the truck. It looks like there are two screws that are supposed to hold the tubing to the truck, and they are gone on mine.

See if your tubing is in tact. Maybe it's the same problem on both our trucks.

Thomas.