Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My own stupidity!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skroo, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Man, last friday I spent good money to replace my steering box on my blazer so I could go wheeling on Saturday. Well, when I got off of work my friend says "hey lets all go down to the river." We dropped of off everybodys trucks about five miles away and load up in my truck, the only truck(Stupid thing #1). We get down to the river and I decide to turn left(#2, I've never gone to the left) and we go about a mile and a half and light a fire. I have a few drinks(# 3). A little while later we leave and I decide to leave and I decide to impress everybody by going thru a hole that my bud just told me wasn't that deep(#4 and 5). Big suprise I stall when I was almost out. All seven of us bail and when I looked back and my truck is in four feet of mud. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I ended up having to pay 60 bucks to get to the road.
    I ended up changing the fluids and the starter and it cranked right up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, but the smog pump was clogged so I bypassed it. I just tried to drive it home today and it won't shift into overdrive and it started to overheat. No big deal, I figured the radiater had mud clogging the fins up. I let it cool and drive another mile and the voltage drops. Then the oil pressure goes to zero /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. the electrical system is acting weird. So it looks like maybe a head gasket, I don't know about the trans, and some electrical work this weekend. Plus I gave my mom my good truck a few months ago so the only car I have is a 1989 Crown Vic that has expired tags. All cause I was being stupid.

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

man that sounds like it sucks, i never dive right in, i useually preride the area with my 4 wheeler, and all the mud holes, i never dive right in, or i also walk though the hole first, to make sure it isnt as deep as i am. tought break.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

<font color="red"> # 6 and 7 </font color>

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    <font color="white"> Plus I gave my mom my good truck a few months ago so the only car I have is a 1989 Crown Vic that has expired tags </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I have noticed that friends are real big on the dive right in factor, but its MY truck and I work on it, usually alone. So when it comes to holes and stuff like that, I'll take the time to inspect it myself. "Oh f**k" from your friends mouth when the truck is trashed doesn't bring it back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 87sm465np208

LOL, yea man, when we were in my friends old truck (2wd open diff) he went ACROSS a mud hole, with two high sides, like crossing a creek, except about 10 foot long, 6 feet wide, and frozen over, so he goes at it about 30mph, i was in the middle my friend dave on the right, and my friend kris driving, when the front end went down the 1st time it made a horrable crunching sound and then procede forward again and hit the second rut and made another horable crunching sound, all in all the truck survived but when you looked at it from the front the tires were /-----\ slightly, it took hard hits before, but this was the worst, and i think i remember saying OH ****!, when it made the crunching sounds (hittin the front bumpstops) he beat the snot out of that thing, it still runs, blows out a horrable amount of blue and white smoke tho, fogs up a yard in about 2 minutes of running, he got it for 850$ put a new trans it in 220$, ramming it into reverse going 40mph is bad for the trans . ran it for 7000miles, then it started smokeing really bad, then he got his 91 k5 for 3000$ and it needs a trans, go figure, i wasnt there when he went to buy it, so i couldnt of known.

4x4 /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

My friends are cool though, they helped me get it started on saturday. We even had one bud drive 30 minutes to pull us out of the hole. Only problem was he had to pick up his old lady and couldn't get us all the way to the road.
    What really pisses me off isn't the truck not running but that I didn't get any pictures.

7. 87sm465np208

yea i was thinkin about puttin a disposeable camera in my truck for such an occccasion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif