Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My own thread...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

At the suggestion of the venerable dogdaysunrise, here is my very own thread...

I'm not pissed off at the world, just pissed off in general. The world's done nothing to me, in fact it's been quite good to me. Really there are only a couple people out of the hundreds that I've met in my life who I "hate." Those people have been dealt with as neccessary and are not a problem.

Maybe along with negative attitudes, false generalizations and labels should also be checked at the door, buddy. Last time I checked, I have never been nor do I currently claim to be a "punk rocker." Yes, I mainly listen to punk rock, and I have spiky hair, but that hardly makes me a "punk rocker" or anything other than Carl James-Maddox Aldrich from Cheyenne, Wyoming and Greeley, Colorado. Besides, maybe we could get some facts straight and know that negativity is mostly associated with "Emo."

The guy was down and looking for an answer to his question, everyone chips in with their answer related to their experience. Yet here we have again, the good old double standard of CK5. I wasn't expecting anything else, but someone has to get their trousers in a twist around here for being wronged, why not me for a change? I give the guy an honest answer based on my experence, however limited it is, and it's suddenly bad advice. Oh, sorry I didn't have something positive and uplifting and happy to say. Sorry I don't lie to the poor kid.

Life is what you make of it, but how can you deny that happiness is fake? How many times have you just been totally screwed over in your life, by your own screw ups or things beyond your control? How did you overcome it? Did you just wake up one day and feel good? I think it'd be safe to say that you did some self-talking, or had someone else talk to you. You simply made yourself believe that it's good and that you're happy until the next time things don't go as planned.

That's all I have to say... Other than don't attempt to throw me out of other people's threads because I call it how I see it.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well, I'm not really trying to say that happiness doesn't exist... Just that it's hard to come by... I am a happy person myself when the time comes around...

I'm not trying to be a jackass, but I spent a while typing all that and wanted to post it rather than delete it...

sorry

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I liked your bit about happiness :`(

Something I've learned to live by:

B.O.H.I.C.A.

If nothing goes wrong in a day, neat.
    If the day/week/month/year goes to complete ****, ah well.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry, Carl, but you come across as a selfish, aloof, moping little kid. You admit that life has "been quite good to me"- no ****. What you need to realize is that you live better than 90% of the world's population, and are surrounded by a virtually limitless supply of opportunity. You're just too blinded by your frustration or anger or laziness or whatever it is that prevents you from seeing how good you have it.

With that comment, you're basically implying that my point of view is a lie. Just because you're miserable, don't assume that everyone out there is just pretending to be happy while suffering through life. You couldn't be more wrong.

Brother, I've made my share of mistakes, with some of them being worthy of the term Royal Fock Up Extraordinaire. I've also been raked over the coals and been dealt some pretty ****ty hands. So, to answer your first question, more than I ever wanted. How did I overcome it? It really depends on the issue, but generally it was a combination of sucking it up/moving on, swallowing my pride, and enduring a little butt-hurtage without feeling sorry for myself. And, yes, one day, I would just wake up and the problem at hand was finally in my past.

So once again- QUit feeling sorry for yourself and take control of your own path. If you're not getting what you want out of life, do what it takes to reverse that problem. No, life is not perfect, and yes, you're going to have a lot of obstacles blocking your way during your journey. However, your attitude almost guarantees that your theories will lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy filled with misery and disappointment.

Last but not least, I suggest you go get laid real soon. I'm sure that might help cheer you up a bit. :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well Carl.

People here like you so they don't want to see you depressed. Everybody will try and lift your spirits in their own way. Some are blunt and some are gentle.

You strike me as a fighter, I expect you'll be ok once you get it out of your system. It may all seem useless now but that will change with time.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Thanks, can man, you're my hero :waytogo: and I'm no damn liar...

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You know, Forrest Gump was right in a sense, life is a box of chocolates, only some chocolates have cherries in 'em and some have turds. You just have to accept the fact that when you bite into that one and it's a turd; you picked it. Next time look a little closer at that little chocolate and think harder on which one you wanna bite, the turd or the cherry.

It's all about choices, and in most cases, you make the choice not "life".

Sorry you're having a sh*tty time of it, but you're the only one that's going to change your demeanor.,

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Everyone fails, its how you recover that counts.

9. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

He might get pissed about having to blow his date up :haha:. make her squeal like a loose power steering belt :D .

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Carl, I'm hitting Cheyenne in May

I WILL be meeting you this time

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Aight... You know where to find me, dawg...

Does your uncle or whoever live over by the Diamond Shamrock on College Drive, off I-25??

I go by there all the time on my way to the dog park, and there's been a 70's Chibby with a winch on front for sale in a front yard on that road for as long as the dog park's been down there...

12. Resurrection_Joe

Nah, my NTB Uncle lives kind of sorta out of town on Archies road. Archies merges with East Pershing. Big grey house, big grey pole barn, junk EVERYWHERE

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Aight... I know what area and road you're talking about... I'll go scope out the situation one of these days... Probably not though because I'll forget about it in the morning, and not want to bother driving that far just to drive by a house... forget that...

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I had some friends who lived in the yellow house with fake flowers in the garden on that road... And another friend with some llamas... and I've always been afraid to visit the junk yard over there...

15. Resurrection_Joe

That junk yard is awesome! There are many parts on 8_YOUR_H2's truck from that place. Gas tank in particular.

Yellow house, yellow house.... the lesbian vetrenarian?

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't know who all lives there... My friends rented the upstairs for a while, and there are one or two apartments in the basement... The owner is some really weird guy who lives in a matching trailer in the side yard... there's a 2 car garage, it's right at that first intersection thing... Where you can go straight, or like 30 degrees to the left for another road...

17. Resurrection_Joe

Oh, that's not who I'm thinking of then

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah guess not... Oh yeah, if you go all the way to the end of that road, and keep going straight as far as you possibly can, the parents of some crazy nazi kid I went to school with live in the white house there... He and I and some other folks did a lot of illegal camping in the middle of where the Lowes Distribution center now stands...

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Carl, you goof, you hijacked your own thread..........:rotfl: :rotfl:

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I can't do ANYTHING right... ****...

Next time I'll just whine to myself or something... :doah:

We're still friends, though Canny