Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My own truck pullin contest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1985K20, Apr 7, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

I know this might sound crazy to some of yas but im thinkin about doin a little truck pull contest in my little place...

We got miles and miles of playground to do the pulling contest, the only thing im missing is: what to pull and how???

Tought about filling up a cut in half oil tank(250 gallons) with sand...like 500 pounds to start with and so on. Adding 200 pounds each run :cool1:

what yas think lol???

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the old timers with there tractors in my area use a homemade sled. take (2) 12" wide channel iron about10-12 feet long. then cut a 45 in the sides to bend up the frt and back ends so thay dont plow in the dirt. also weld in side braces so the skies are evenly spaced like a box. then take old rail road ties and bolt them down to the channel for the decking. (2) big loging chains for tow points 1 on each end , so you can pull each way and never need to reset the sled to the same end.

for weights thay used 55 gal drums with 3/4" rebar bent in to u shape and then put 1 in each end of the barrels and filled with concreate. when loading them use a bucket loader and pick up with the hooks and set them on there sides on the sled.

thay average about 12-15 of them for the big old tractors. and thay just ad 1-2 more per class of tractors. hop this helps you out.

have fun and be safe.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Back to back truck pulls are cool too, maybe you could try them?

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Talk about the Redneck Superbowl :rotfl:

So sorry... I just think the concept of pulling contests is funny. I'd like to go to one sometime :)

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Junkyard wars...

Sometimes at the junkyard we'd hang around after closing time and pop a few tops--then we'd start hearing the inevitable "my truck can pull a house" or such similar comments--so we used to wager whether or not they could drag that 50 caddy out of the swamp it sat in since 66,and we had a blast!-We didnt need a sled,or fancy weights--we just hooked onto some heavy car or truck and it was pulloff time! :cool1:

-the best part was watching the guy with the biggest mouth not being able to even budge it,and dropping the driveshaft in the process! :laugh: --and no worries,there were plenty of spares in the boneyard..we had some really good times there--I am very saddenned to drive by there now,and the place is empty,all the cars and trucks have been crushed and hauled away,and the forkloder is sitting there with 4 flat tires..wish I could get 750 grand,I'd buy the place--it was like a museum there,all the junks were from the 20's to the 70's,no new stuff--all history now...probably be condos full of yuppies in another year :frown1: