Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY OWN ULTIMATE ADVENTURE (LEAVING TOMORROW from AZ to CO then MT)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, Jul 15, 2004.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Hey all:
    I'm leaving tomorrow from Chino Valley, AZ (EDT 5am)and driving straight to Fairplay, CO (with a sidetrip to Doug). Please post up phone numbers if you are on the way (and if you are interested in meeting or helping if I break down).
    Please check out mapquest for the directions I will be using.
    On Sunday morning I will depart from CO and head to Bozeman, Montana. ANy help along that trip will also be appreciated
    On Tuesday morning I will be departing from Montana and driving to Chino Valley, AZ. This is a long stretch. I may need a place to crash if anyone will ablige.
    ONce again I will be using Mapquest for my routes. PM me before tomorrow at 5am with numbers or feel free to call me on the road
    928-899-0225 juanblzer

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you are headed to Fairplay threw Durango keep in mind that you will likely get delayed going threw Wolf Creek pass on your way. It has been closed at night too. So you might want to check into that if you are going threw Durango over to Pagosa Springs and up to Fairplay that way.

I just got back from Durango. There is some repaving south of town on the way from Farmington. Only like a 10 minmute delay.

There is also repaving north of Durango on the way up to Silverton toward Grand Junciton. It is a little longer, probably 10-20 minutes maybe.

Also some repaving on I40 outside Gallup, NM and restricted to 1 lane & 45 mph. Only like 5 miles worth, nothing terrible.

This is assuming you are going to go to Gallup NM then north toward Famington. For you it would probably be easier to head to Flagstaff and then threw Kayenta on the Res. into Durango. If you are headed that way then disregard the paving south of Durango.

If you get a chance to stop and eat in Durango and you like good BBQ stop at Serious Texas BBQ. That place is AWESOME. if you go threw Durango you have to pass one of the locations if you are headed either direction. WELL worth the time to stop and eat. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Damn dude, rigs done time to play. WOW, you should come over to Wa. and wheel the trails with trees.....
    I guess Montana will have trees. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

There must be a lot of people in Bozeman (relatively speaking) My neighbor just had a family reunion there. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif