Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Pioneer Head unit won't take my cd anymore

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Itali83, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

My Pioneer Head unit won\'t take my cd anymore

In my Jimmy,which is 1300 miles away at home right now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif My pioneer head unit, it's a premere but I forgot the model number, stopped taking my cd's. It would intermittantly do this, but just before I left for school in late august, it wouldn't take my cd no matter what I tried or did. when I say not take my cd I mean... It won't suck the cd into the unit. but I can force the cd all the way in but it won't play it, if I hit eject, it will eject the cd just as smooth as possible. I'm wondering if there is a switch that senses when you put the cd in and it makes the unit suck the cd in on it's own. And if it does, does it sound like that is bad? If it is bad, can I get just the switch or have to get a whole new unit. I really like this unit a lot, never skips and my truck rides hard with quad shocks and frost heaves and pot holes. Just wondering. I won't be back to my truck on a regular basis until late august when I graduate and go home for good!!! Thanks
    Ben 87 Jimmy + 89 Blazer
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: My Pioneer Head unit won\'t take my cd anymore

All I can say is to take it into a authorized service center for Pioneer.

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I would go the the Pioneer website and download a manual. In the back of the manuals they have a trouble shooting section. Maybe that could provide some help.
    I would exhaust all anternatives to taking it to a repair shop before I took it. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than have yours fixed if its a major problem...

I don't know if this will help but here is the error message reference for my Pioneer:

Built-in CD Player’s Error Message
    When problems occur with CD playback, an error message appears on the display. Refer
    to the table below to identify the problem, then take the suggested corrective action. If the
    error persists, contact your dealer or your nearest PIONEER Service Center.
    Message Possible cause Recommended action
    ERROR- 11, 12, 17, 30 Dirty disc. Clean the disc.
    ERROR- 11, 12, 17, 30 Scratched disc. Replace the disc.
    ERROR- 14 Unrecorded CD. Check the disc.
    ERROR- 10, 11,12, 14, Electrical or mechanical Turn the ignition ON and OFF, or
    17, 30, A0 problem. switch to a different source, then back
    to the CD player.
    HEAT CD player overheating. Discontinue play until the machine
    temperature drops.

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I guess when I get my truck uncovered and start driving it again, I'll look into getting a manual and see if I can get it working myself. If not, I bet it'll be cheaper to buy a new one but we'll see. Thanks again
    Ben 87 Jimmy + 89 Blazer
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif