Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Plan for my future system

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 82Jimmy, Nov 7, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Okay to start I say I hope someone can tell me about better products than what I plan on getting, So i can get quality. I want

Battery...2 optima high amp batteries (whatever color is best)

Pioneer PX-1 Premier cd player

PPI 30band eq

2 crossovers (whatever brand has good quality)

Low pass going to 2 ppi 21400 amps

PPi amps going to 4 Rockford Power dvc's 12's or 15's (haven't decided.)

Low pass going to 2 smaller ppi amps going to ??????speakers

I don't know the best firing position either...so if anyone knows whats best please let me in....total cost of system....around $3,000. I am going to build my own box 1in mdf.

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me?...point the subs toward the tail gate...youl get better responce and the bass has more room to expand.

3. FOSGATE5

FOSGATE5 Registered Member

I had a really kick ass system planned for my 92 1500 blazer. It involved a Clarion reciever (for MP3 input) crossovers mids in the rear upper pods and kick panels. Had planned on 3 Rockford 10's built facing up. Building a false floor with enclosed boxes that would only take up about 7 inches of the height on the floor space. The speakers would be covered so you could carry stuff, not to mention theives may not be able to tell you have a system so easy. I'll dig for my list of components and cost tonight to give you the rundown on cost. Previously I had 4 puch 10's with a punch 200 that hit 140.1 db at a contest. But I had this system configured to get hard hitting thump as well as a balanced mid and front stage. Only I decided to buy a Fatboy instead of the stereo for the truck.

4. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

if you can wait a little while on the subs, JL Audio is coming out with the W7, it is gonna be a rip ass sub. the power DVCs are nice, but will be nothing compared to what the W7s will be, and i'm not even a JL guy. but i heard the subs at a convention in a JL demo car and I couldnt get enough. not sure on price, but it wont be to crazy. everything else sounds great. might want to look into the Earthquake D2 "The Shredder". a 2000+ wats at 2 ohms amplifier. can be had for like 500 on Ebay. i have been using them for 3 years and have won many comps with them. Earthquake is a very overlooked brand. i guess thats it. peace.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Feel the Thunder
    [​IMG]

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Are the new jl's a poly cone still? If so im not impressed.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>