Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My plan so far for my custom soft top complete will poorly drawn pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lochenjons, Jan 7, 2007.

1. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

Sep 13, 2006
    Eventually I am planning on making my own softop. Ill probably use some kind of fabric from an army surplus store since I'm close too one. But I may use something else as I've heard good things aout marine store fabric or something. The top will be water proof, hopefully :D but what's different about it is the supports that hold it up will be able to slide down. Why? Because I think it would look kinda weird with them up with the top off and it shouldn't be too hard to do so I might as well. This is the truck without the top http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/lochenjons/normal.jpg?t=1168193441

With all the supports up it would look kind of like this:
    Then the brackets are where the fabric actaully attaches to

The frame will be able to collapse and shouldn't be noticable behind the sides of the bed
    I kind of messed up here because I was thinking that by adding a second set of snaps on the top of the fabric I could use it as a tonneau cover too. But the back of the rollbar would be in the way :mad:
  2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Oct 12, 2006
    Sounds kool