Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my plans for the jimmy!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Mar 7, 2006.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Well I have been slowly collecting parts for tthe jimmy and slowly been getting some work done. Anyways I figured I would share what my plans are for the thing.
    Body mods are a bobbed rear bed 10" shorter. The front will be narrowed and I will just be using the skins of the hood and fenders. I am also going to make my own half doors. I will be doing as much fender trimming as needed.

Suspension will be 52s up front, and 56 out rear with a homemade shackle flip. I plan on turning the rear springs around to get a few inches extra wheel base, the front will be moved forward 1.5 inches. I will be using deutsch tech shocks 14" travel front and rear, F250 mounts up front and the rear will be mounted through the bed. I will also be going full hydro on the steering.

Axles/drive train I will be using my old granny gear 4 speed form my truck. I will also be using a divorced np205. I am thinking about using square tube driveshafts front and rear, not sure though. The axles are 10 bolt front axle and dana 60 rear. 4.10 gears. The 60 will be welded and the front is getting a lock right. Tires Will probably be 36/12.50-16.5s
    The engine is going to be a stock 350 with a tbi and thats about it.

2. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good setup, do you plan on running crossover also? 52's are sounding better and better everyday since my 4" RC's ride like crap. Shoot me a pm if you need help doing the narrowing, I'd definately like to see it done since I plan on doing it in the future.

3. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Nope, going full hydrolic steering. Sure I will probably start the cutting this weekend. I can send you a pm when I get to the front of the truck.