Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my random 67 - 72 questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Jan 1, 2006.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

So my burb is now home :)

are drum and disc knuckles the same?
    mine has flat tops (as all did) but it has drums. can i do an 8 lug outter swap or ???

what was the reasoning behind the 3rd door only? i could only figure roadside safety..

this is also wierd to me.. my 68 is way before shoulder belts yet if ya look it has the same 4 holes (just with caps) as my 89 has. where these used for panal placements and just later were figured into mounts for the belts?? (makes my swap easy)

also has anyone fabbed an extra glovebox door into a intrument panel??

mine has the stock 3 gauge set up and they drilled it out for some ghetto 3 vituals on the bottom.

i think thats it for now :)

thanks fellow 67-72'ers

2. 72 SAC

72 SAC Registered Member

From what I have read so far the knuckles are different. But do a search and you will find more info on why that is. When it comes to the doors and seat belts not a clue. Greg 72 did a pretty cool gauge setup. So just go to his home page and there are all kinds of pics. You can really learn a lot form them. Hope some of that will help.

3. cheyenne10

cheyenne10 Registered Member

dana 44 fronts

Your 68 should have had the closed knuckle dana 44 stock. (ball socket looking outer). If it is an open version where axle u-joints are visible it is possible to add later disc outers. These changed somewhere in 69 I beleive. We had a 69 burb with closed knuckles and 70 front I have now is open version.

I will have a 1970 drum brake open verison for sale in next couple of months (4.10 ratio) that can be covereted over. I found a 73 disc front end to rebuild instead. (put well over $1400 into new one)