Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My rear suspension and brakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jrgunn5150, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I drove my truck to Cleveland and back today, and it totally beat the crap outta me. My rear spring's are a bit "weird" to say the least, I'm trying to figure out if the truck is lifted, or if the PO is just really odd. If you guy's have pics of stock truck springs, please post them. I intend to go wit a DIY4x4 shackle flip, but not with these springs if they aren't stock. Here is how mine look's,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second issue is that my buddy set the Ebrake for some foolish reason, and now it won't disengage. I got under it and pulled the cable apart, but it's still dragging. How can I fix that for minimal cash outlay?

2. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

Jesus that looks dangerous.....No, those are definitely not stock buddyro.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is a hillbilly block setup. Not even near stock.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

And I agree that it is not safe at all.

5. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

that top spring pack is a det of overloads, when the truck is loaded, the top pack hits the plates on the ends to stiffen it, if you take the top pack off, you should be back to stock.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

It's not lifted at all, as mentioned the block is in there between the two leaf packs, just there to install the homebrew overload setup.

The axle is still sittin in the stock location under the factory spring pack.

7. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

have you posted these pics before, cause I could swear that I have seen them somewhere. But anyway yea thats a hillbilly overload setup, and I would GET RID OF IT!!!

8. Jrgunn5150

I know the cut-down springs for block's aren't stock, I just needed to know if the actual pack was stock. It has a center pin through it BTW also. So they don't have factory lift-blocks then? I'm just trying to determine what all I need for my shackle flip, if I need new springs I'm gonna have to scour the classifieds, cuz yards around here want too much for a set of stock springs.

9. Jrgunn5150

Oh, and did they come with an actual overload? I don't want to haul 10 tons in the bed, but I'd like to keep the stock payload rating.

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

The truck will haul a decent amount of load without those redneck overloads, remove them, keep what springs you currently have attached to the axle, and do the shackle flip.

You will however need some new u-bolts, those are way too long for your stock springs going with the shackle flip setup.

And ya better oil all that stuff up reeeeal good a day or two before you actually want to start tearin into it, looks like alot of rust on that stuff :p: :D

11. Jrgunn5150

Excellent, thank you.