Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my ride home wtf

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fright89, Jan 8, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

i work in boston and on my ride home i usually hit a max speed of about 5mph, lots of traffic,big dig, my top speed is met when i get to my driveway. most days aroud 1 1/2 hours.
    well in mass as soon as a couple little white flakes start to fall they start to salt the roads like crazy. i was in the high speed lane doing about 2 mph when this salt truck comes up the midle lane next to me spraying salt and stuff like crazy. so when he gets alittle in front of me still in the lane next to me all that stuff is shooting right into my grill. because of all the traffic i could not get away from it. wtf. then my lane would speed up a bit and i would have to pass this thing. this truck was shooting salt with big chunks of somthing in there the size of golf balls. no lie, all bouncing off my door an into my wheel wells. sounded like i was diving in a hail storm. that lasted about 2 miles, then he turned off.
    o well just venting. the crazy thing is there was no ice on the road. wtf

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey, I feel for ya man. I live down here in NC and they have no idea how to handle the snow. I roll out in my Blazer on Thursday when we had about 8" of snow and I find that our snow trucks are stuck. I live in Cary (yes, the preppy bastard capital of NC) and we have 2 plow trucks. Both of them were stuck in a medium-sized snowbank right behind each other. Then there are the yuppie women in their Mercedes M-classes hauling a$$ because their wuss-wagon had AWD and they are running me off the road. Hell, I didn't even need 4wd because I know how to drive in the stuff.

Then I find out that one of our two plow trucks ROLLED yesterday. Hmmm, who the heck drives these things anyway?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i wonder if this guy ever made it home? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Holy old post! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI was like WTF, I haven't had insurance on the Blazer in over a year. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif