Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my rigs are for sale ! chopped 1t burb & 1 t 3+3 2wd . in oregon , prices reduced .

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Aug 9, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

It pains me to have to sell this big suburban but I'm going to build something a little smaller . I brought this suburban home 3+ years ago and built it into what you see before you . This is a 77 gmc 3/4 suburban trailer towing specail . It had a 400 sbc and a turbo 350/np203 . The motor was toast so I replaced it with a low mile motor from my work van . 75,000 miles on a 350 4 bolt main 010 casting block with 882 casting 1.94 heads . before I put the motor in the burb I yanked the head's and freshed them up . I installed and new double row timing chain and gear set and new freeze plugs ( I flushed the block too) . I wheeled it with a 6 inch lift and 36" iroks untill I blew the turbo 350 tranny :crazy: . This started the next faze .:bow: I bought a 84 chevy dana 60 front axle ( with the stronger non necked down inner axles)with 4:10 gears . I went throught it , geased all the wheel bearing and axle joints . I grinded the brake calipers so I could fit 15" wheels . I keept the stock corp 14 bolt ff rear axle but I welded the spider gears for a lincoln locker . I installed a flip shackle in back along with 54" rear springs with a 2 1/2 blocks . The blocks were drilled through and are bolted to the spring pack . I built a track bar so I would have no issues with axle wrap . After the axles were bolted up I yanked the turbo 350/np203 and the flex plate off the motor and installed a new flywheel , clutch, pressure plate and trowout bearing and a good used sn465 4 speed tranny /np205 transfercase . I had a new rear drive line built at driveline services . I istalled the hydro clutch and brake pedals from a 87 suburban and installed a new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder . Then I installed the 42" tsl swampers . The rears are 90% tread and the fronts are about 75% tread . The body has been chopped 22 inches off the back and I cut the roof just be hind the rear passenger seat . It's all inclosed and fully welded . I removed the big 40 gallon fuel tank and installed a 30 gal blazer tank in the bed . I cut lots of sheet metal to clear the tires . There is a full 4 point roll cage inside made of 1 1/2 .250 wall dom tubing . The bucket seats are out of a toyota corolla gts and the rear seat is stock and it still folds down for even more storage . There are tunes , pioneer deh am/fm cd player with 45wx4 chanel mosfet amp . 4 speakers . I replaced the radiator 1yr ago a bought a 4 core . The 350 motor runs great and breaths through and 6" k&n filter and a rebuilt q jet , stock intake maifold . mild rv cam . headers and duel exhaust . It all ways passes deq . Just make sure to tell them it still has the 400sbc in it . I installed a oddessy 1200 cold cranking amp batery 3 monthes ago . Alternator is a 93 amp stock gm unit ( 1yr old) . Warn xd 9000i winch sit's up front and works great . power steering pump is rebuilt and has a big cooler to keep the fluid cool and make the pump last longer . Dana 60 front axle is a open carrier and has a sky cross over steering arm . steering box is off a 3/4 2wd suburban with a ford van pitman arm reamed out for a chevy tie rod . Steering link is 1 1/2 .250 tubing with mad4wd inserts . As you can see I have alot of time and money wrapped up into this rig . IT'S also got a camo paint job . Also has a full size 42" swamper for a spare that fit's in back along with toolbox store on top of the fuel tank . I only use this rig for wheeling . I dive to the trail's and drive home . It's got a few dent's here and there but I do not beat on my rig . I have put about 1500 miles on this rig since I built it . 2 trips to browns camp and 5 trips to goat mountain and 1 trip to the hangover run . always mild wheeling . If you are looking for a daily driver THIS is not the truck for you . Yes you could daily drive it but the tires won't last along time on the street and bias ply 42" swampers ride kinda rough . This rig basically need's some 5:13 or 5:38 gears , hydro assit steering and a locker in the front axle . That's about another $1000 . It's still a very capable rig as long as you don't get to extreem . My price is $3800 CASH and the price is firm . may take your toyota 4x4 and cash for a trade . No other trades . I will not part it AND no I won't sell you the dana 60 front axle . go find your own . I will only respond to those that leave a phone number . If you are serious and have $3800 cash and want to see this rig in person then leave a number and we can talk .

burbhumpinarock.JPG

cc1.JPG

cc2.JPG

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

TTT'ing it for ya.... And, to tell you that your Sub' gives me a chubby. That is all.

3. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Wish you were closer I like the white truck. I'm in Georgia so if I drove it home gas would cost as much as the truck.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You might want to break the ads up into paragraphs... I started getting dizzy and light headed about halfway thru that. :doah:

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

:o :D Don't blame me for making you dizzy and light headed . You were that way before you got on the computer :p: :haha: . I did edit it a bit but ya itz a bit long winded :doah: . I reduced the prices a bit . btt !

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

bump for ya. Still think you should keep the burb tho...

j

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

What color is the interior in the crewcab?
    16 or 16.5 rims?

8. chopped&bobbed77burb

Crewcab has been sold !

It 's blue . 16 inch wheels . I just sold the crewcab last night :( . I got my $1800 but I will still miss it . Just got to punt the burb and my 89 mr2 . thank's for looking . BTT

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

what value you putting on the toyota? you want one thats built or a good starting base?
    I should have another one (sold my last one) in my collection soon

10. chopped&bobbed77burb

I found a yota for my small wheeling rig and I'm gonna keep the burb and make it a tow rig :bow: . Thanks for all those who looked :D . I had the burb on CL for 2 weeks and not 1 reply :( . I guess my burb either sucks or people just don't have any money . I hope it's the later :crazy: . The mods can delete this thread if they want .

11. GMCJason

GMCJason 1/2 ton status

The Burb DEFINATELY does NOT suck! I would have loved to have had it but just couldn't justify yet another truck without doing something with what I've already got. Besides, it's about 1200 miles from home. Good luck with the tow rig and the yota.