Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My rigs previous owner should be PIMP SLAPPED for ....( fill in the blank)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Apr 15, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ok, here is the time to get it all out /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif What one or even even better, MANY, retarded things did the previous owner do to the rig that they should be PIMP SLAPPED for?

Weve all seen the WALMART MECHANIC CARNAGE amuck in 4x4 world, so lets share /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif pics are cool too.

This will be really cool for those own a rig previously owned by another ck5'er /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MINE:
    previous looser tried to solder to the printed circuit board and messed up so he covered it with duct tape, and also welded the u-joints in so they would no longer break, and last but not least, welded the case of the old auburn posi where the case had cracked in 1/2, it got me home from buying it, thats it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

ok here goes...
    The previous owner:
    1) welded 1" x 3" strips of steel from the trailer hitch to the gas tank... apparently for support.
    2) couldnt figure out how to get the choke to work on the holley carb (manual choke) so he snapped it completely off & took out the choke butterflies
    3) then put on an aluminum spreadbore intake for the squarebore holley and for some reason pinched a piece of aluminum window screen between two carb gaskets - one a squarebore gasket and one a spreadbore - aparently to atomize the fuel better.

Thats all that I have found so far... but I have only had it a year.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

The carb thing sounds like he bought it from a racer, thats common for them. but the [ QUOTE ]
    1) welded 1" x 3" strips of steel from the trailer hitch to the gas tank... apparently for support.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifthats a gene pool thing, right up there with .... umm... eatin possum!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: My rigs previous owner should be PIMP SLAPPED for ....( fill in the bla

I'm the second owner of my K5. The original owner made add-a-leafs for the front springs by cutting a leaf in half. When I put my lift in, the left front spring pack fell apart when I droped the axle. Made me feel really good about the 500+ miles I drove it home when I bought it. Found more then one tin foil fuce in the fuce panel.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

How about this gem......???

[​IMG]

The moron apparently couldn't figure out the concept of "big holes, little holes" on a spreadbore Q-Jet....so he installed the gasket backwards!!!!

It's fun to laugh at the guy.....but then again, I actually BOUGHT the truck from him.... so I'm sure he was laughing too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

and it ran?

7. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

1. For thinking he was mechanic.
    2. For butchering the wiring BEFORE looking to see what was reused to install Painless Performance harness.
    3. For replacing/repairing the front floor pans with real estate signs /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    4. For giving his buddy the driveshafts that was supposed to buy the rig and not checking to make sure buddy gave him the right driveshafts back. (I now own a driveshaft for a NP208 when I have a NP203 in the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif)
    5. For not knowing what a roll of masking tape is when spraying bed liner in the cab. (all over dash and everywhere else)
    6. For not reading the prep instruction when spraying bed liner. (now all popping off)
    7. Again for thinking he was a mechanic.
    8. For using a crowbar to remove the roof rack. (now leaks through every hole in the top.)
    9. for replacing a rotor after loosing tire and not fixing the backing plate that is mashed in to the rotor.
    10. For cutting up the gauge bezel because he thought he was smart enough to install autometers.
    11. For not knowing that you are supposed to remove the old window tint before installing new.
    12. For being stupid in general!!!!!!!!

Somebody top that!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: My rigs previous owner should be PIMP SLAPPED for ....( fill in the bla

611 Miles from Salem, OR to my house in San Jose.....

and a few hundred miles around town too.... I'm not saying it ran WELL...but it ran.

9. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    4. For giving his buddy the driveshafts that was supposed to buy the rig and not checking to make sure buddy gave him the right driveshafts back.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like the rust fixer from the guy before me. In the way back at the tailgate rust he uesd probably 5 tubes of silicone caulk and just filled all the holes with that and mesh screen. Below the passenger seat he stuck tiny guage sheet metal and glued it in place with some type of undercoating or tar. He then placed a ziplock bag between the carpet and the metal, too um prevent rust from all that interior moisture??? Still finding rust, oh he also told me it was 3.73 gearing, he was slightly off I now have 2.73 gears with 33s.

11. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    3. For replacing/repairing the front floor pans with real estate signs /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I thought I was the only one with the real estate signage custom flooring.

Also the back floor area around the tailgate was pieced together with aluminum step flashing. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

John

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

for giving me a free truck with a lot of body rot, what the heck??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

On the 82(Emmett):

1. Jerryrigged dual tank set-up
    2. Old rear floor rotted so they put repair panels over the rotted floor and just glued them in. It lasted about 6 years of hard abuse...
    3. Cut a hole in the dash for a cheap Radio shack cassette deck and EQ...

14. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif these all sound so familiar /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and mine had BLUE shag carpet too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

15. CJeepFreak84

CJeepFreak84 Registered Member

1.For selling me a 5.7 that turned out to be a 5.0...
    2.For not mentioning the engine bearings were on the way out (JUST KEPT FILLING THE THING WITH OIL TO QUIET THEM DOWN)
    3.Selling the best 4x4 on the planet and keeping his toyota!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

P.O didn't feel that rust repair was that important so he installed brand new carpets to hide the floor rust.

Block of 2x4 holding the rear window up...told me the switch was broken/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Installed Rancho front springs.

All of that was so long ago though...

Rene

17. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Love the silicone rust fix. My PO used masking tape to cover the rusted holes and then spray paint over that.

18. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Block of 2x4 holding the rear window up...told me the switch was broken

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Thats fawked up, really just wrong /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifbut funny!

19. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I could say for leaving a towel in the intake and setting the truck a blaze but then I would have never gotten it. However trying to extinquish the flames with large rocks is a good reason for a pimp slapping. I am still finding those things /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1.For selling me a 5.7 that turned out to be a 5.0...
    2.For not mentioning the engine bearings were on the way out (JUST KEPT FILLING THE THING WITH OIL TO QUIET THEM DOWN)

[/ QUOTE ] Those 2 sound REALLY familiar.