Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My SCore Of The Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 3 on the tree, Feb 17, 2006.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Went to the dump today to get rid of furniture tenants left behind. Got the furniture out of the trailer and I am looking around. What's this ????
    A 20 gallon compressor with a busted rod. Doesn't look like its 3 months old. Now, the real dilemma. Its a CH, so do I order a new rod and piston for it, or just turn it into a rolling 20 gallon air tank???

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

why not order the rod and piston, then you have a self-refilling rolling 20 gal., can't be much $$

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

whole pump...

I'd look for a used pump to put on it..usually when a rod breaks in a motor or compressor,the crank and block usually get damaged as well,even if its not readily apparent ..maybe you'll get lucky and find a similar compressor with a rotted air tank or other damage that still has a good pump on it..doesn't HAVE to be a Campbell Hausefeild pump,just about any one can be adapted easily...

You sound like me..go to the scrapyard or landfill to get rid of some clutter,and end up hauling something home that takes up as much or more room than you gained,by junking the other stuff!..then it sits there for years,awaiting the missing or broken parts to be located and replaced..

Many times I end up depositing whatever items I haul home back to the same place it came from!..must be a disease,like buying too many GM trucks...:rolleyes: ..but when you get it free,or for 10 cents per pound,it can sometimes be worth it..I have sold many riding mowers for 100-150 bucks I got free at the landfill,or for 5-10 bucks at scrap places,after repairing them..I still drag home things that look repairable,and have potential for me to use, or re-sell them..

It's hard to believe what some folks throw away..I got a nice 10" Craftsman table saw with a 1-1/2 hp motor FREE at the dump one day!..lady who dumped it told her husband she'd divorced 6 months ago, to get it out of "her" house!..when he failed to,she hauled it to the dump herself..I helper her "unload" it into MY truck,and she then invited me to her house to take whatever else I wanted she was planning to dump!..I got 100' of Romex cable,A Dado head cutter for the table saw, and 5 brand new blades,and about 15 other items,like car ramps,lug wrenches,etc..and enough used brick to make a nice set of stairs,and 50 cement blocks!..:eek1: :D

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good luck with CH's customer service...