Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Sedona wheelin' pics

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by blazenwhip, Mar 26, 2007.

1. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

So I went to Sedona over the weekend. I did Soldiers Pass and Broken Arrow again. Melanie even droven the trail a little. It was her first time. She did great. So I was looking for a great picture and got myself into a little nail biter. A "local" told me it looked like I was about ready to flip and to wait until a Pink Jeep came by "...because they're the experts." To be honest the truck felt a little tipsy but was confident it would not flip. It looks a lot worse at certain angles than it was. I had Melanie pull down on the rear bumper just incase, while I eased through it. It didn't take much forward movement to drop the rear back down.
    I think the "local" added too much drama and made me more nervous than I should have been. At first I got out of the truck telling Melanie how cool it was and then the "local" came along freakin' out. It made my girl more nervous too. Anyway it was fine and we had a great time.

Dustin

sedona2 012 (Small).jpg

sedona2 013 (Small).jpg

sedona2 001 (Small).jpg

sedona2 014 (Small).jpg

sedona2 015 (Small).jpg

2. blazenwhip

more pics

sedona2 016 (Small).jpg

sedona2 026 (Small).jpg

sedona2 031 (Small).jpg

3. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun, I love Sedona. You gotta do a helicopter tour some time. Well worth the money.:D

4. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Sweet Pics. Looks like fun.

5. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

Dude - sweet pics, don't listen to the "locals" up there, looks like you were doin' just right; pushing it right to the edge!! Thats how we all learn to wheel the big trucks in places J@#pers think we can't go (and can't go themselves) !!

6. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

"Thats how we all learn to wheel the big trucks in places J@#pers think we can't go (and can't go themselves) !!"

I love the "Broken Arrow" ! Short,sweet and great views! You shoulda seen the looks I got from the J**pers when they saw the 'Burb there! Hahahahahha..priceless!
    great pics , good job.

7. blazenwhip

The "local," as I've labled her actually was very respectful about it. She was visably shaking and very scared for me. She was freakin' out.
    The only problem I had was that her freakin' out scared Melanie. Melanie was very confident in my driving (especially after Martinez back in Dec. some of you remember she had a blast) and wasn't scared until that lady came along and added a bunch of drama.
    One of the good things about Broken Arrow is that it is well traveled, so help is very near, should anything go wrong. So I guess I appreciate the "local" and her concern.

8. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

oh man, i gotta get back down there! :)

9. bigdave1050

bigdave1050 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun. I have to ask where did you get your front bumper set up? Thats as close as I seen to what I want to put on the front of my rig.

10. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice pics, Dustin! I oughta get up there and wheel that trail someday. Never been there, only heard about it though. I'd like to try my 52"/56" springs on that crack and see if all rubber will stay on the ground.

11. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I haven't wheeled out there since I got a $ticket for destruction of natural resources by the National Forest Service. That first area that opens up on the trail is not labeled off limits. I was lifting tires and taking pics etc. when a "local" jumped out and said "hey you're off trail" I blew it off and continued on the trail. When we came out to leave the Forest Service was blocking the road (actually a truck was blocking and the person driving was nowhere to be seen). When a NFS person finally did arrive he said I was going to be cited for Destruction of Natural Resources based upon what a hiker had said I did (i.e. driving off trail). I had to take a day off of work and I fought the ticket at the Magistrate Court in Flagstaff. Of course I won. The evidence the state was going to have to produce would have been impossible to produce.
    I haven't wheeled there since. If I do I'm bringing some witnesses this time.:D

12. blazenwhip

BigDave-It'a a CUCV bumper I got at the junk yard. I painted it with .99 cent Walmart paint, cut the corners a little, added the Harbor Frieght lights and winch (winch is on a reciever hitch) and found the huge shackles at Auto Safety House.

Brian-I love Sedona, been up there 3X this year already. I'll be happy to go with you. It's a cool trail. Short (about 1.5 hrs) and with amazing views! There are plenty of other short trails too. There's another I want to do near the State Park on the west side of town. It's supposedly about a 2hr trail.

Juan-They have small boulders now blocking the area your talking about. I'm glad you won that battle. I still havn't installed that axle I bought from you. Eventually I'll get around to it. Got your rig up and runnin' yet?

Dustin