Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My sister got married...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Apperantly my sister got married on Monday............. Sounds great..................

Guess when I found out about this? SATURDAY NIGHT.... Not that it really matters, since I wasn't invited anyway... I'm wondering if our own parents were even invited since they spent Monday evening here at home...

I'm quite happy for my sister that she's found someone she loves enough to marry, and I'm envious because I don't even have a girlfriend... But why the hell would you hide something so great from your family? The day I get engaged, I'll probably be bouncing off the walls, calling everyone I know, and sending invitations to my family and friends.... Not casually telling my brother on an MSN Instant Message 2 days before the wedding like it's nothing...

I don't even know all the details, just that now my sister is Mrs. Carpenter... I just hope it works out for her... last I heard, she broke up with this guy and moved 3 hours away, and then out of the blue they're married... I really hope she hasn't made a huge mistake here...

I should probably get over it and press on and let her do her thing... But I don't know that I want to have anything to do with my sister for a while... I'm quite irate[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] oh yeah, she knows it too [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Family Ties

That's just the way it is with some families.

Some are close and some distant. My wife is tight with her family. I am not. I have a sister 30 minutes away that I have not seen in 6 years.

Don't waste your time being angry, you'll end up wasting a lot of time.

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

geez....i got a similiar case myself...called mom on christmas day, talked to my brother and sister....'oh by the way' she says, 'i'm getting married this week'. Mom didn't wanna talk about it-the circumstances of the marriage aren't ideal, hence the rush. (no shes not knocked up!) Apparently due to some legal issues he may be deported (here on a student visa)...and so he could stay they got hitched...