Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Sister-in-law's ricer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jan 25, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My Sister-in-law\'s ricer

Man, I am mean. My sister in law is dating a ricer. A year ago, she was dating a sensible guy, he played guitar and was into trans am's with big motor's.

Last night she was sitting at my kitchen table talking to my wife, telling her about the '91 Acura Integra she owns (but can't drive because she doesn't know stick).
    She starts talking about "the $400 header" ($100 per cylinder, I thought), and how the car's so fast, and the motor came strait from Japan, it's not a stock motor (but the motor came from Japan AFTER the whole car, I guess that makes it more special), and all this silly crap.
    I'm over at the kitchen counter, cracking up at all this, with my back to them so they wouldn't know. She was going on and on about how over there in japan, they know what they're doing with cars (would people say that about me if I made a moped break 100mph?)... She said one more thing, and I lost it. I turned around and was thinking "IT'S A '91 INTEGRA!!!!!!", but I said something to try and act like I was laughing at something else.

So today I feel terrible for laughing at her. I'm still cracking up at some of the stuff she was saying, but I feel really bad, I think she knows I was basically laughing right at her...

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: My Sister-in-law\'s ricer

If you judge people by what they drive........You have issues.
    I think "ricers" are just as reducilous as the next guy if not more so! BTW there are "ricer" 4X4s as well!

Last thing, 1.8L 190hp
    3.2L 260hp
    2.2L 200hp
    1.7L 170hp
    1.6L 165hp, all #s are in stock configuration.

Gm and Honda are doing an info. part exchange as we speak.
    The new Trailblazers use the same dynamic cam timing as the new VTECi(among other technology) Honda motors. They are more efficant and make more power than any other GM motor, hp/cid. My 2000 Silverado has a 5.3L V8 that is rated at 285hp, the new 4.2L inline six GM put in the Trailblazers is rated at 275hp. In twin turbo trim(thanks John Moss)400hp! I'd like to have seen GM try that sh!t 10 years ago. The 4.2l Turbo V6s in '93 were rated at 285hp........

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I wouldn't have tried to hide the fact I was laughing at her !!!!!! I would have told her what I thought of the whole "Ricer" movement. I'm all for people customizing cars, but please, someone explain to me what the fart muffler, big wing, and stickers do to make a car faster !!!!! A friend had a ricer with nitrus on it. He thought it was the $h!t. I took him for a ride in a big block powered Chevy. Needless to say, he now owns a Vega with a 396 !!!!!!! I guess the feeling of being thrown back in the seat proved my point !!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Post edited.... I thought this one might really bother them...
    She knows the site!

Wife just told me she (sis in law) has internet access, and she was reading CK5 over my shoulder last night... I thought she didn't have the 'net!

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like he is a loser as well as a "ricer" then.
    Didn't understand the gravity of the sutuation, carry on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    One thing though, wouldn't a Viper or 'Vette be bad a$$ if it had 90+hp/Liter?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

There's a ricer at work. I got to talking to him one day and he's actually sensible and knows the deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, yeha, I'm having a bit of a crappy night, took it a little too seriously I guess.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    bad a$$ if it had 90+hp/Liter?

[/ QUOTE ] Dreams of a 502 with that....................... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

People i know call me "ricer truck boy". Becouse the luv is an isuzu and i suped it up, and although i dont like it my luv kinda sounds lik an airplane at taxi /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.
    I just dont like the little ricer drag racers that in thier search for "quick power" they run turbos and nitrous and wonder why the turbos go out and never let the motors cool /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Damn I missed all the action on this one....

-Dan