Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My son TRYING to ramp his Jeep!! PICTURE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Sep 4, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'll give him credit for trying.....KLICK

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

thats some mean articulation[​IMG] nice ramp so what did he score[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

he should go with 4 way coils, get some more flex out of that baby.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I like the Rock Ready flag on the back[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

5. gokartergo

I figured out how to do a body lift. I am going to do it this weekend. But there is no way to do a suspension lift...LOL

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Gokartergo>KLICK</a>

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Your killing me Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>http://www.extremeblazer.com</a>

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

8. gokartergo

Start him young. I wish these things were around when I was a kid.. I got the J**P for free if he keeps on playing with it. Then I will go buy him the Silvardo pickup....Dan

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's way cool[​IMG] - My nephew has the little sandrail one that my munchkin will get when he outgrows it - gonna have a mini-Baja in the backyard[​IMG]

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

10. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Dan,
    It's scary how much we're on the same wave length!!! My daughter just got the jeep for her birthday last month and as soon as I put it together I was thinking of lifting it, swapping the plastic tires for lawn mower tires and building a cage out of PVC for it!! Yes I'm nuts, and I would have started already put the jeep was a gift from her grandmother (the one that doesn't like me) so I decided against messing with and just wait to get the Silverado as well. Just so you know, the jeep has a 6V battery and maxes out at 2.5mph, the Silverado runs on a 12V battery and does 5mph. You can find extra batteries on ebay and I was thingking of running a multi battery set up with an upgraded motor (maybe a hi-torque starter motor!!!!LOL!!). You could get really crazy and get an extra motor to drive the front tires, and VIOLA! FOUR WHEEL DRIVE!!!! (Actually you would need three more, with two of them wired in reverse, but it could be done!)
    Oh about starting them young, they recommend these things for three year olds and up. My daughter just turned TWO!!! Last night she was driving it around chasing the dog!!! The steering is little tough for her because there's no "power steering", hmmmmm, maybe a cross-over steering set up might help??????[​IMG]

If it doesn't sit on a frame, then it isn't a truck.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We picked up one of the Red Jeeps for my oldest daughter 3 years ago (she had just turned 4) The first thing I did was replace the tiny little batteries with a gel cell wheelchair battery... *evil grin*

I think she's getting too big for it now though, the last time she was out in it she had it on 3 wheels most of the time and put it over backwards twice...wheelin in the gardens and stuff around out townhouse. Now we're savin it for the youngest next year.[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Man that is funny! I Just got my daughter a Corvette, but wanted to get the silverado... Now if we only had a house with a back yard...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

13. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Rene,
    My daughter has the same red jeep!!!! I know how you can keep it from tipping over backwards!!! Wheelie bars!!!!!!!
    Seriously though, did the gel cell battery overheat the motor? I'm just afraid to build my daughter a Pinto!!! LOL!!!
    How's this for crazy...
    one of these at each wheel <a target="_blank" href=http://www.csiperformance.com/1024starters.html>http://www.csiperformance.com/1024starters.html</a> and a pair of Optimas in the back???

14. tRustyK5

Jess's Heep was 12 volt to start with...but it had two tiny 6 volt batteries wired in series. It seems to have more torque than before. *shrug* What I do like is i can use the car charger I already have and the charge lasts for days instead of hours.

Its getting pretty beat up now, Jess really likes the rocks, curbs and tree roots...which is how she's flipped and rolled it so many times. I swear she belongs on the POR junior site![​IMG]

Rene

15. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

You're something else Rene! So the gel cell is also a 12V, thus it doesn't overheat the motor, right? I'm seriously thinking of this for the future. I figure I'll let her "learn" how to drive in the jeep, then I'll build her the Silverado.
    You remember how big my backyard is, so I figure she'll have plenty of room for wheelin'. I wonder at what point "child endangerment" laws start to take effect with projects like these?????

16. tRustyK5

Just watch she doesn't take out the secret fence panel...or she'll be up the hill and at the store in no time! [​IMG]

I'm not sure if the motors are different in the 6 vlt Heeps...but the 12 volt does 5 MPH, which doesn't sound fast until you see your toddler doing it in a toy Heep!

Rene

17. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Geeesh!! Thanks for telling the whole world about my secret fence panel. All I need now is to come home and find my Fabrege egg collection missing.

18. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I am only 18, I am not married, and I diont have kids, but was just in Traget a few months ago, looking at the silverado and thinking about years down the raod when I do have a kid, and what i could do with it. I Once saw in one of these off raod magazines, that one guy had built a radio flyer wagon up, he literaly had 44 tsl swampers, he had built a frame that held them, and the put the radio flyer wagon bof on top, he used it to pull his kid around at truckshows, it was HUGE. Anyway, seriouly, I was thinking of buying the silverado, and cutting it up, getting the motor, batteries... and building a new Frame with some steel tubing, then putting on like riding mower wheels/tires, and hooking everything up, and then bolting the Silverado Body on top. You could build it safer to becuase with the heavier steel frmae you have a lower center of gravity, you could make the trac a little wider... and for extra safty, even fab in a seatbealt, and roll bar... I have thought a lot about this, you would have to have a lot of money and time, but it would be so cool. If nothing else, you could do what that guy did and just take it to truck shows to make you and your kidds look bad @$$.
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

19. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

you guys are nuts!!!!!!! *evil grin* cant wait tell i get married and have kids can you say mini sniper????? [wow]

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

20. gokartergo

This one was my brothers for his daughter who didn't like it. So he had already put a 12volt motorcycle battery in it. It gets up and goes. It had a broken switch so no reverse for right know. I will fix that this weekend. My wife thinks I am nuts for lifting it. How well. But he loves it and he just turned 2. I know it will cost me for years of therapy that it is a J**P and not a Chevy. Hopefully he will keep it up and I will buy the Silverado and he will forget that he use to own a J**p..I did LOL