Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My soon to be 4-linked radio controlled rock crawler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Feb 4, 2005.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just need to cut the links and fabricate lower shock mounts and then run the electronics.

Specs:

Locked out Emaxx axles
    Narrowed Jumbo Kong tires (8" tall)
    Rockraider chassis
    Revo shafts
    17" wheelbase
    4.5" clearance under the diffs
    Locked rear-end

Soon to be body of choice.....Escalade EXT.....yup that's right I'm rollin the EXT:pimp1:

[​IMG]

2. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

Very cool, I have a couple of E-Maxx's.... but they aren't NEARLY that nice!!

[​IMG]

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

got an x-factor custom everything rollin on kongs soon to electric and also building aclod at the moment

4. owen

owen 1/2 ton status

Are those nitro or electric? I messed up and bought a Kyosho Spyder nitro 4wd car. Runs like hell, but it is about .25" off the ground. I am watching E-bay for a truck that I can swap all/some of the guts into. Those look like bad rides.

5. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

E-Maxx = Electric T-Maxx = Nitro

Mine are Electric... better acceleration...

6. owen

owen 1/2 ton status

Looks like N-Maxx would be nitro... oh well. I was into nitro because they last longer than electric. Is that the wrong theory? Any help or guidence would be nice- and might save me another $400!

7. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It depends what you are going to do with it i have all nitro and 1 electric i would say just for bashing go with nitro unless you don't like the hassle of always have to tune your enginge for weather temps and stuff.Plus if you want to build a crawler i would go electric much better than nitro.But if you are a newbie look to race i would go electric just my to cents i have picked up over the years.

8. Quaddawg

Quaddawg 1/2 ton status

Well, it's open to each person's opinion..

Lot's of folks like nitro, cause you can drive around longer without changing batteries like on electric...

I don't like nitro, cause they can be such a pain in the ass.. tuning and such.. some models never gave me trouble, but most of them sucked, and were hard to keep in tune..

Electric is faster out of the hole, and will literally flip over backwards from acceleration, even with stock motors..

Nitro has better top end stock, but you can get electric motors just as fast, or faster but they REALLY eat up the batteries... (brushless)

I like electric, with extra batteries, as it is clean, quiet and simple, can run them anywhere.

Nitro is decidedly cooler though... little engine screaming... that is just cool...

It is up to the individual, I have had TONS of electric, and 3 Nitro models... I think Nitro is best left to airplanes... but that is just me, many people disagree... imagine that... LOL..

Have fun, that is the bottom line. Either nitro or electric are both fun, that is for sure.

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i have both nitro and electric cars, gs storm buggy, and a clod buster. i love them both

10. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

All I can say is it is too expensive so I stay out of it... I had the first style t-maxx... stretched the chassis... put a .21 in it... aluminum EVERYTHING.. Monster Pirate tires on it .... and a grave digger lid.. IT WAS SWEET!!!! I had $1600 into it then sold it as it was costin me too much money... I was racing cars from pole to pole and whoopin them... 2hp .21 was the bomb.....:grin:

cant find the pic with the HUGE tires... but here is some pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]