Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My stereo stuff(pics)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MITCH_89', Oct 26, 2001.

1. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

here are some pics of my stereo components. This system is one of the cleanest systems Ive ever had. A large Kenwood pushes the 15;s, but I forgot to get a pic of it. It mounts under the pass seat.

<a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1599179&amp;a=12186469&amp;f=0>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1599179&amp;a=12186469&amp;f=0</a>

BLAZE IT UP!!

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Two 15"?.........I bet you can hear the bass just fine! [​IMG]

Nice job. Enjoy it......

-Greg72

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Looks great!!!! Don't you just love that deck ( I have one two)....The EQ looks like a Pioneer one though..... What kind is it? How does the Mids and Tweets sound up there?

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

4. MITCH_89'

The Alpine unit is great. As for the eq., it is a Pioneer. I bought two of them (one for the car)because I like having nine slides. Just couldn't get what I wanted with the the decks adjustments. Above my Fosgates, there are JBL tweeters. I have the same JBL's in the dashes stock 3.5" speaker locations. I suspended them with some metal. They sound toooooo sweet. I am super impressed with the quality of sound I have compared to more expensive systems. If I could do it again, I'd use the same components.

BLAZE IT UP!!

5. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

Nice blazer how hard was to cut out the dash to get the stereo in? i would like to know how you did it so i can do it to and have it look as good as yours does.

6. MITCH_89'

I didnt cut the dash. My truck came with an oversized factory radio, so I called Crutchfield and ordered the plastic reducer kit. But even if your truck didnt have the oversized unit, I would think it would have the regular sized one. If so, should bolt right in...

BLAZE IT UP!!

7. 85Jimmy

mine came with the old shaft style its a 1985, 2 knobs and the small center i can't find any descent shaft receivers so i want to upgrade to the normal din style but i don't know how the best way is to do it maybe i will try to find the dash out of an 89 like yours thank's for the reply Mitch, nice ride

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Get a dremel trace the cage and cut... if you screw it up then you arder a new dash

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time

9. 85Jimmy

I might have to do that, thank's