Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My stereo system

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Uncle Fester, May 1, 2006.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

Hey all,
    I thought some of you might be interested in what I am doing for my stereo system in my suburban....might give you some ideas for yours too, who knows.

Any way, I am using a Apple I-Pod as the head unit, feeding that into a five band Parametric EQ (VPE500S by AUTOTHEATER), from there to a Memphis Car Audio Pappa Belle amp (16-MCH1300) that puts out four channels at 75 watts and one channel at 1100 watts. The four channels will run Memphis 6.5" mid-range and 1" tweeter (MSQ6) at each corner of the truck, and the sub channel will run two 12 subs (15-M3124D) mounted in a vented box and wired to one ohm for a total of 1400 watts of power. :bow: :bow: :bow:

2. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Post up pix as you get stuff done, always like seeing what others do with their systems.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Yep, definitely post up your results, etc.

I'm planning to use my iPod as a headunit....feeding into a Precision Power PAR-245 preamp/parametric EQ....then out to a gaggle of a/d/s PQ20 amps.

On paper it works, but I haven't had time to try it to see what kind of sound quality I end up with running "Apple Lossless" tunes from the iPod.

:thinking:

4. RunTMCfan

RunTMCfan Registered Member

Hey guys...

I'm new here and this is my first post. I love Blazers and own a 72' CST. Car Audio is a close second.

I like the Ipod idea especially if it's holding recordings in "lossless" format. I'm not too hip to Mp3's. I need to become more familiar with them. So far some tracks I've paid for and downloaded are clean. Others are not. Lossless is the way to go for sure. It might make up for any inpurities you pick up from when running rca's out of an Ipod.

When running RCA's out of an Ipod is it a similar conversion like a "hi-low" converter or is the headphone output already a low level output.

Rob
    "RunTMCfan"