Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My suspension Plan. Check out. New to this.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BrightBlazer, Sep 19, 2002.

1. BrightBlazer

BrightBlazer Registered Member

Hey guys thought I would run by what I had in mind to see what others think.
    Truck will be weekly driver and daily driver in the Winter. 86 Blazer.
    I want to lift a bit but have the option of going back down so I was considering
    Tuff Country 2" springs.
    Longer front shackles -1.5" lift
    2.5" shackle flip
    swaybar disconnects
    shocks (?)
    Fender trimming (a little)
    I would like to add a set of 35x15 swampers.
    Will this fit without totally hacking? What shocks. Will I have to measure travel to get exact.
    What kind of life can I expect to get out of the various swampers?

Btw my other hobby is a 94 camaro that I autocross. WAY DIFFERENT BALL GAME. It is lowered about 2" with tuned suspension and custom shocks and 315/35/17 race tires on front and back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    The problem that you will run into is the width of those tires.I'm assuming that you will run a 10" wide rim.If you are only going to go with an front 2" lifted spring and extended shackles,you will end up with an 2 1/2" lift(not a 3 1/2").The extended shackles are about 1" longer,thereby giving you half an inch of lift.With only the small lift,you will have to trim(read severely CUT) the front fenders.If you go with an 4" front lifted spring and the extended shackles,you will still have to do a little trimming.The rear is pretty much the same....go with an 4" shackle flip and that will complete it.Don't forget with an 4" lift you will need an new steering arm.Hope this helps!In no way am I telling you not to cut your fenders!I run 38's with a 4" lift.What gears do you have??Mike

3. BrightBlazer

BrightBlazer Registered Member

I was checking out a set of shackles that were about 2.5" longer (I think) Their is a write up on this website somewhere. The owner said he got a 1 5/8" lift from them. That inlcluded the shim for the pinion angle.
    Also I forgot to mention using a 1" body lift. I dont really want to go any higher on the body lift.
    Is there a fender flare similar to the cut-out flares that may not remove as much material. I dont want this to be a show truck by any means. I just dont want to cut it too much.

4. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Also to add you won't want to put more lift in the front than the rear because these things tend to sag alot in the rear end. Other than that same info as above.

Chris