Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My swamper got punctured by a stick WTF!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 81jimmyslt, Apr 30, 2004.

1. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

I was doing some wheeling out at the twin peaks trail in Tahoe, when I got to the very top and got out to check the scenery.....I hear psssssssssssssssss......there was a small stick stuck in my tire right in the middle of the tread. I knew these tires were soft, but that is pathetic, one could only imagine what a rock would do.. Just had to vent a little, sorry no picture of a measly stick it fell out as I wimpered home. How many of you guys have popped a big tire so easily? It is a 39.5 TSL. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Jesse

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I would have to say that is either a defective swamper or one heck of a well placed sharp stick /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, I've put my 39.5's through hell and back and never have had a problem, my 38's where the same way....

3. 81jimmyslt

heck of a well placed sharp stick /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Ya just my luck too, happened to be my first time wheeling since the 1 ton's and new tires.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

stick a plug in it and be on your way. at least it wasn't in the sidewall, had that happen once, can't fix a hole in the sidewall /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Depending on where you got them , 4wheel parts? Do you have any kid of warrentie on them? If not, about all you can do is use a plug on it.

6. 81jimmyslt

[ QUOTE ]
    stick a plug in it and be on your way. at least it wasn't in the sidewall, had that happen once, can't fix a hole in the sidewall /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ya I'm definately glad it's fixable and wasn't the sidewall, I'm going to get it plugged tomorrow.

No warranty /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    can't fix a hole in the sidewall

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think you meant you can't fix a hole in the sidewall SAFELY. It can be done, ask me how I know /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif A whole package of those twizzler plugs comes in quite handy when you don't have a spare. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

8. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Used to work in a tire shop and I have seen worse. Actually a 10mm box end wrench through the tread of a tire. Strait through vertical as odd as that is. (was on a Firebird) Also the sidewall can be patched but as stated above not D.O.T safely, but enough to get you home or to help.

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

whatever works man! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif