Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Third Own Post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So we've learned pretty well that optimism is a crock, and gay people probably shouldn't be rounded up into a herd and eliminated auschwitz style... It's just not a good idea.

What more is there to say/whine about? Well, we could take a look into the idea of sensitivity.

I find nothing wrong in making fun of dead people, or talking smack about your moronic co-worker, or even publicly declaring that you make fun of handicapped people in your spare time...

It's when certain people decide that it's not really that funny to ride the hotel's wheelchair around the back office and say "CARL" in classic "Timmay" fashion that people cross the line...

I find that those people who are offended by a simple joke are also some of the biggest hypocrites in the history of the universe... Take the person who doesn't think it's funny when yours truly pretends to be developmentally challenged every other Thursday afternoon... Ms. Offended can be heard quoting South Park once in a while. Ms. Offended was hit on and freaked out by and later made fun of a kid in a wheelchair... HMMMMMMM... But holy crap, when it's not convenient for them, someone is suddenly a jerkoff because Ms. Offended's mother is blind...

The whole joke of "I make fun of handicapped people" came from this one night at work, when I was having dinner with a friend in the hotel restaurant. A call came on the radio that I needed to take some handicap equipment to a room... No big deal, except the guy calling me first called the wrong person TWICE, and stumbled through his sentence as normal... I believe that's grounds for some picking on... Well, Mr. Handicapped Person decided I was making fun of HIM somehow, decided he was humiliated, and instead of saying anything to me, cried to my boss about how I was an insensitive rude kid... And you know how bosses are, when a customer complains, that's the end of the story, no need to even try explaining yourself... So now it's just a funny joke around the front desk to say "I make fun of handicapped people." Especially when the boss is around :haha:

It's pretty annoying when people get offended about crap that they do themselves... Also when they try to hold other people to some lower standard than the rest of us... "That person is in a wheelchair, you better bend over backwards for them or you're an insensitive jerk." "GOSH! I can't believe you just said he can do something for himself!" "My mom is blind, so I don't think that's funny!"

I have a friend who is a homosexual, and we often enjoy a nice round of making fun of gay people... Mostly the "flaming" types... You know, like Will and Grace style... Nothing wrong with a little politically incorrect humor...

Damn, I'm never going to get married, unless there's a woman out there somewhere with a nice thick skin and a sense of humor :crazy:

And yes, Pauly "Can Can" Pocket, I'm a giant hypocrite too... I don't remember why, but I just made some kind of connection in my brain about something I sent you last night and something in this post...

Holy crap I'm tired, I hope the thoughts in my post make some kind of sense :doah:

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

in my daily life to people who find almost anything offensive....i am quite possibly the most offensive mother ****er on the earth...what evers in my brain i say and its usualy never anywhere potically correct...none of my friends are offended by anything....same thing with me try and offend me i dare you ;D im pretty sure it wont happen ;p

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Cracked me up as usual Carl....Thanks doood...:haha: :haha: :haha:

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Everything is funny in the right context

I dare you to find me something not funny is some sort of context

Anyway, what's better, whining and being sacred and silent or having fun.

Nothing can destory negativity like a good laugh

You just need the right company

Now, if you;re doing it in general fine, but mocking specific people, you have to keep in mind that you shouldn't say anything about them that you wouldn;t say to them

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My daughters will find it highly amusing that someone has nicknamed me Pauly Pocket. Good one, Carl.......:thumb:

As far as the hypocrite thing goes, I don't think there's a person in the world who isn't slightly hypocritical on a daily basis, but like RJ said, EVERYTHING is funny in the right context, especially if there is no malice involved.

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I found out the kid I work with (aboot 22 to my 19) is somewhat homophobic...

:D

7. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

how did you find out?

8. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Agreed 100%... Monty Python proved it over and over. lol

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

It went something like this:

Me yelling across the yard: "CHRIS!"
    Chris: "WHAT?"
    Me: "I LOVE YOU!"
    Chris: Silence...
    Chris: "DUDE, YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN, AND I WILL BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU."

He hasn't though. :D

10. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

haha

i dunno how good of friends you guys are, but you could have some fun with him.