Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My to do list before the 25th

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Feb 8, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Are any of you going to be at Elko boggin ( www.elkoboggin.net ) ??
    I really want to be ready in time. I got my tires mounted, and I put them on the burb. Those pics are in another thread. While I was outside, I snapped a few other pics I thought I would post.

I'm gonna have to put new wood in this trailer
    [​IMG]

While I was mounting the tires the FedEx guy came hauling butt up the driveway with my gaskets from summit. I think for time's sake (since the ebrock baseplate gaskets come in sets of 2 anyway) I'm just gonna mount my Ebrock carb to the stock manifold, and see if I can get her running right. Later on I will mount my Ebrock intake to save weight and add a bit of power.. I'm just praying I can get this thing running right before the bog. Which brings me to a quick question.. What in the world is that metal thing in the center of the felpro 1256 intake gasket I got??

[​IMG]

I don't think I've posted any pics of the engine since I installed it. Here's the motor I bought from a ck5er, which I'm going to put the edelbrock on soon in hopes it will run right.

[​IMG]

I came up with a great idea to gain ALOT better depature angle... Simply move my liscense plate up onto the barn door, cut a bit of the rear bumper in the center, and flip this trailer hitch upside down.. does that sound like a decent idea?

[​IMG]

And last but not least, I thought yall might enjoy seeng the carnage I put my DD/towrig through the other day. I was hauling off some yard work and it was a bit muddy behind my barn. I kinda slid into a gate. :o

[​IMG]

If anyone is gonig to ELKO boggin (email me if you need directions and live in Ga), I will see ya there. And hopefully make it through the bog at playtime.
    Thanks,
    James

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

The metal plate probly has to do with EGR. Would have to look at head and/or intake to see.

3. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

You are supposed to damage the burb and keep the dd purty! :D

4. Cove-Rider

Cove-Rider Registered Member

i would have to agree but whats done is done:laugh:

5. 78Suburban

anybody got an idea of how to mount my liscense plate on a barn door or on the side of the bumper?? I need to get that hitch flipped upside down and that will make me cut a square out of the center of my rear bumper.
    thanks,
    James

6. mjfoster49

mjfoster49 Registered Member

I didnt realize you lived so close to me. Let me know if you need any help to get it running. I would bring my truck up to elko, but I dont think i will have it finished by then. I still have to put in my new motor, dana 60 and order crossover steering.

7. 78Suburban

I have to drive 65 miles to elko. If you go to elko, say hey, cause I'll be the guy with the stock suburban (assuming I have it running by then) :D
    thanks,
    James

8. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

That metal thing restricts the heat riser which helps on cold starts. It allows some hot air to go up but not as much. I have to install my gas tank straps and gas tank, button up some things from my engine swap and have it done by the 17th. Looks like you'll be keeping yourself busy.

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

One word: Rivets

10. 78Suburban

Good idea.. Now I just have to find somebody with a rivet gun.. I've never used (or even seen :o ) a riviter..
    Thanks,
    James

11. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

BAILING WIRE!! :waytogo:

12. 78Suburban

Thought I was gonna get to make her run sunday afternoon, but from the looks of things I'm going to have to do some college work. I MIGHT get some time in to work on her monday morning, but whatever I do, I'm gonna be cutting it really close to make it to the mud bog on the 25th :eek1: .
    thanks,
    James

13. Cove-Rider

Cove-Rider Registered Member

You can do it!

14. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Just run some tek screws into it. No reason to make it hard.