Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My today story...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah... I woke up and bathed and came in here and posted about sandwiches...

Then I left for Ft. Collins... but first I went to Safeway and got this desert looking thing for the BBQ I was going to. Then I went to the bank and cashed my paycheck...

So I get to Wellington for my normal scenic route/shorter way to North College Ave... Then I go down Highway 1... Then I turn left onto College... Then I turn right into Ft. Collins 4x4.

I go inside and inquire about brake lines, they're about $40 more than I expected, so I only bought the rear ones... I don't think I need front ones, they look to be in tact... I was going to buy a set of Ranco 5000's also, but that would have meant coming home with $24 to my name... I'm still pondering getting some though, since I work at a hotel with a gas station I can just charge gas to my paycheck... it'll be a pain in the ass and take up a lot of my check, but I can have cool shocks...

Anyway... after going to Ft. Collins 4x4, I went to Chris's house. He lives about a mile from there... And we ate burgers... and waited for the other 7 people we were expecting... Then we went outside and checked out his new 98 Mustang Boss (don't know if that's an actual package, but it says it all over the car) and his friend's 99 Camaro Z28... Then we gave up on the other people, and the three of us went out to find some wheeling... Tried going up one trail, but it was covered in snow. We would've made it up the first hill and been good to go, but for some reason Chris stopped... and neither of us could get any momentum going up the hill without going all the way back to the bottom... so we just turned around and kept going... then we found another trail that was considerably easier and took that for a couple miles then turned around and he went home and I cruised around Ft. Collins for a couple hours...

Then I went to McDonalds because I was starving... Then I decided to check my oil.

Here's the story on the oil: A few months ago the check oil light came on... so, being the good Explorer owner that I am, I checked my oil. The dipstick said it was full, so I put it back in and continued to ignore the check oil light. I was going to check my oil every so often and if it didn't start getting low, I was going to see what was up with my computer... Of course, I completely disregarded it for the last few months, and right there in the McDonalds parking lot while scarfing down a cheeseburger, I found I was completely out of oil... there was a little tiny bit on the end of the stick, but a good quarter inch below the add more line.

SO, I freaked out and wondered how the hell my truck was still running and cursing myself for neglecting my poor baby... And went to Wellington. I went to a gas station and bought two quarts of oil... I started to put one in, but I missed the hole a little bit and the spilled oil started smoking... So I inhaled the smoke and said something and this lady in her 30's looked at me like an idiot or something, how rude of her...

Then I came home, my truck has a little bit of oil... I need to get some more tomorrow... Oh and my power steering is all wacked now, I should probably figure that out...

Good trip, I'd say /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now if I could just figure out why the heck my check engine light comes on every few days, I'd be happy as a horse /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I skipped about two hours of my day, sorry... here it is:

I didn't go straight to Chris's after Ft. Collins 4x4 because I had about 2 hours to kill

so I went to the mall then drove around

and I thought I was on a road that looped back around to college ave, but it was a different road... and I didn't know where the heck I was, and every time I turned it was taking me farther away

and I saw some signs for a state park, so I followed them and got to the park but no one was there... so I turned around and eventually found a small town... no gas stations or anything... it was a few houses, a bait shop, a church, and a post office... all were closed

and I wasn't going to just knock on people's doors... the road I was on looked like a main road though, so I followed it East for a bit and found a truck stop and the lady I asked said I was already on the road I was looking for... I was just about 20 miles out of town somehow..

I ended up getting to Chris's house about 5 minutes early /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So you want to buy crappy shocks, your brake lines have SWAT training, and you went wheeling in the parking lot of the local Wal-Mart, all the while running low on oil so you are such a cheapskate you bought the $ .89 cent a quart crap at the gas station.................

Sounds like a real hoot................

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So you want to buy crappy shocks, your brake lines have SWAT training, and you went wheeling in the parking lot of the local Wal-Mart, all the while running low on oil so you are such a cheapskate you bought the $ .89 cent a quart crap at the gas station.................

Sounds like a real hoot...........
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that oil is worth more/quart than the whole exploder..
    at least wheeling at the walmart is more challenging than building a no talent no lift 35" tired blazer with blue oval running gear.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif