Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my tow rig

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Seventy4Blazer, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, i have been slacking... and my rents just sent me some pictures of it... so here they are...
    2004.5 dodge ram 3500 SRW 2wd cummins 6 speed, almost all the way loaded for an SLT. they just had a B&W turnover ball gooseneck installed for me and the bed arma coated. i have a brake smart controller at thier house and fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge and pyromiter ont he way. the truck goes in for the exhaust brake on december 15th when the dealer is allowed to install them again(due to a new clamp design, and the price wnet down) i will be making it a dually and flat bedding it out when i get back maybe, or grafting the dually fenders up and bolting them to the side.

what ya think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ps, it pulls like a dream. pulled 9k with it, stock, no trailer brakes(yeah, i know) from pendleton to boise id to eugene or where it is now. i bought a 32 food gooseneck and am picking up a camper for that. ill post pictures once i get them, should be about 5 weeks.
    Grant

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good looking dodge cummins! Just be cautious when anywhere off of the asphalt. Being used to a SBC, light 10B, and wide floaty tires....then after getting my D/CTD I was suprised how easily the front sinks. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I'm not a fan of flat beds but go for it if that is what you want. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, its kind of hard to pick up chicks in a flat bed....
    im going to see how hard it would be to put stock dually fenders from a 3rd gen dodge onto the short box. might be very do-able. might take to much work. we will see. i already have the resources for the dually axle and front hubs.
    should look good if i can do it.
    grant

5. rjfguitar

I have seen a couple short bed dually fords and chevys and they look interesting. I think it would look good.

6. Seventy4Blazer

i have toi agree. it would also weigh less, look more factory and be just as functional as a regular cab dually. make parking a lot easier as well compared to a long bed anyway. thats why i decided to get this truck. it also has the same towing capabilities weight wise. ill end up adding air bags when i do the dually conversion.

the exhaust brake has been scheduled to be installed on dec 20th. basicaly i will e driving a newtruck when i get home. remove the CAT, gauges, bed liner and hitch, brake smart, exhaust brake and the new TSB's for fuel mileage. once im back in cali i will be doing the dually swap. all this and the truck has just under 6k miles. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Grant

7. rjfguitar

[​IMG] Here is my D/CTD. 2001.5, cummins, auto, 3.54's. Sport front end, black leather interior.

I know what you mean on squeezing into tight spots...mine is a land yact. Still not as bad as the ford and chevy long bed crew cabs though. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif