Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Transfer Case wont shift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coopdog, Jul 8, 2006.

1. coopdog

coopdog Registered Member

Please help....

My np 203 will not go into High LOC (lever pulled all the way back towards the seat right??) I am trying to bypass the all time 4x4 by shifting my t-case into high loc and then removing the front drive shaft...once I get the money I plan on buying the milemarker shaft conversion kit...any thoughts on that one. I have found several good diagrams that explain how to adjust the linkage underneath...I can line the levers up placing them in the neutral position and then look back at the levers that should be at 6 oclock and they are...but still no high loc...the bent lever or the one closest to the t-case seems to be the one that is stuck...I say this because when the sifter is moved forward then back only the most outboard lever moves...does anyone know which lever is for which and how do they work?

Any help is much appreciated....thank you :confused: :bow:

2. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

I just bought my rig and I seem to have the same problem... I haven't had time to look into it.

The pattern from front to back:

LO-LOC
    LO
    NEUTRAL
    HI
    HI-LOC

I can go into HI but not HI-LOC.

I just found this:

[​IMG]

The 203 full time 4-wheel drive transfer case is the only one on which linkage adjustment is possible.

1. Place the selector lever in the cab in the Neutral position.

2. Detach the adjustable rod ends from the transfer case levers.

3. Insert an 11/64 in. drill bit through the alignment holes in the shifter levers. This will lock the shifter in the neutral position with both levers vertical.

4. Place the range shift lever (the outer lever) on the transfer case in the Neutral position.

5. Place the lockout shift lever (the inner lever) on the transfer case in the unlocked position. Both levers should now be vertical.

6. Adjust the rods so that the linkage fits together. The indicator plate can be moved to align with the correct symbol.

7. Remove the drill bit.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  3. Scott A

Scott A 1/2 ton status

I just fixed mine. There are 2 nuts on the lower rod and they were loose.

4. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's a pic of where the alignment hole is.
    adjustpin (Small).JPG

adjustpin (Small).JPG